Household electricity users to get discounts from September to December

snoop1130

2 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

It is not a discount as it will need to be paid back in taxes, these methods also causes prices to only increase more over time and negatively impact everyone, usually.

You must be a foreign Thai national economic! That´s an amazing conclusion!

More of a worry, is the Tariff hike that is being levied upon Manufacturers and all other Business users.

An 18 % increase ( the figure being bandied about ) will cause a massive spike in Inflation.

More expensive Food, and everything else will impact everybody, and as usual the poor will suffer more, even if they get a 92 Setang discount on 300 Units of Electric or less.

BTW, the 92 Setang will just about be the amount that brings the level back to the present FT rate.

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Did I not read last week that electricity prices were going up in September. Now it is discount until December. Confusing.

Why confusing ?

Discounted from !st Sept to 31 Dec 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Why confusing ?

Discounted from !st Sept to 31 Dec 

Because, dooh, they said last week that electricity was going up from Bht 4 to Bht 5 per unit. And now they say they are discounting it.

Is that from the 4 or 5 price?

5 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Because, dooh, they said last week that electricity was going up from Bht 4 to Bht 5 per unit. And now they say they are discounting it.

Is that from the 4 or 5 price?

Its going to be on the new rate of 5 Baht / Unit ( if that is going to be the price )

They can hardly discount the old rate that will not apply

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Its going to be on the new rate of 5 Baht / Unit ( if that is going to be the price )

They can hardly discount the old rate that will not apply

From August 16th.   https://www.thaipbsworld.com/households-businesses-to-pay-more-for-electricity-from-september-as-ft-rate-raised/

So it goes up in September, but the discount is from 1st September. Or am I not understanding it correctly?

Edited by KannikaP

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

So, they raise the price and then give you a discount meaning you don't have to pay it. Okay.

No, the price stays the 4ing same if you don't use very much.

Edited by KannikaP

7 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Make things easy.... Raise the electric bills and than give them reduction in the costs... How can you understand this?? Why not raise less or not at all ...much easier

Because the latter has not the same effect on the election results

• Like 1

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

According to the committee, households which use no more than 300 units of electricity per month will get a discount of 92.04 satang per unit from September until end of December.

Yippeeeeeee

7 hours ago, KannikaP said:

So my electricty bill goes down, my booze bill goes up. Great.

Looks like I'll have to start using ice to chill my beer instead of keeping it in the fridge... 

Damn, there's enough water in my beer already.