Now that's a pile of cash! Biggest Thai lottery winner of the year celebrates 144 MB windfall

webfact

20 minutes ago, mrfill said:

Its terrible. Euromillions is almost the same price per ticket and yet 40x the jackpot. Its almost as if the Thai lottery is a swindle.

Obviously it isn't a "swindle".  It's almost as though the chances of a big win are that much greater with the Thai lottery.  They are.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I believe anyone can buy online.

https://thaiglo.org/buy-and-sell

That reminds me of my sister who participated in a kind of little lottery a long time ago.

And when she won they told her: Sorry, you are not yet 18, this is sponsored by cigarette brand x and a condition is you have to be 18 or older... 

Or: go ahead, buy your tickets... 

2 hours ago, simon43 said:

I guess he's the one on the left in the photos - why isn't he smiling?

He think that he has a subtle self-satisfied smirk - much as I would display in his situation.

The lottery guy's fake PR smile is cringe-worthy.

Edited by London Lowf

Can someone please convert it

4. 1 million dollars. Lucky <deleted>. He's got me beat by about 3 million. And he didn't have to work for it. Life is about being in the right place at the right time. Nothing else. Effort doesn't matter. Discipline doesn't matter. 

Edited by Harsh Jones
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, mrfill said:

Its terrible. Euromillions is almost the same price per ticket and yet 40x the jackpot. Its almost as if the Thai lottery is a swindle.

On the other hand the odds of winning the Thai jackpot are 1 in 1,000,000 but the odds of a jackpot in the Euromillions are 1 in 139,838,160 (nearly 140 times lower).

2 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

yep thought the same coincidence eh

No, seems he bought the same number on all the tickets, paper and online, 24 of them and hit the Bht 6M jackpot, which adds up to 144M

20 hours ago, Neeranam said:
21 hours ago, rwill said:

I wonder who he is related to.

24 winning tickets.  I was wondering how many tickets they made with the same numbers.  The most I have seen sold as a set is 15.

He bought 8

The most you can win on a ticket is 6 million baht.  That would only be 48 million baht.

On 12/3/2022 at 11:28 AM, KannikaP said:

Isn't rather suspicious that he won 44M on the Thai lottery AND 96m on the online lottery in the same draw. Or am I reading it incorrectly?

Nobody is that lucky!

Khun Ti said he divined the numbers from joss-sticks after he went to the temple to pray.  add to that a lucky amulet and all is good .... however Khun Ti  soon will be faced with so many new friends and new relatives in need of some help  555

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, it is what it is said:

Khun Ti said he divined the numbers from joss-sticks after he went to the temple to pray. 

oh dear, he's only going to encourage them...

I do that and have selected 11111 every time... haven't won yet but remain hopeful!

I'm not seeing this anywhere in English yet, so here goes.

On Thai Rath TV last night, officials from the local police station near the Kong Salak Plus Office raided it and took a bunch of photos. Mr. Kong Salak was angry and said they've done nothing wrong, flashing around some govt documents. Mr. Police flashed around photos he said ties the place to Chinese gangsters, said he heard businessmen speaking Chinese in the office, and claims this to have some connection to the recent Chinese Triad busts. Heh. Keeps getting better and better.

Wouldn't doubt the Chinese connection, but bet the police connection is likely the usual "Hmm, money. Looks like there might be something illegal here. Give us some to make us go away".