dear all

wise asks for REASON OF TRANSFER"

if i want the transfer to appear in the thai bank account (bangkok bank) as coming from abroad in order to count towards the 800k baht "retirement visa", what reason of transfer  should i choose?

thank you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The funds for the 800k DO NOT need to be shown as coming from abroad. Only the monthly transfers need to.

I would have thought that someone being a member since 2015 would have seen this in the numerous posts on this.

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

The funds for the 800k DO NOT need to be shown as coming from abroad. Only the monthly transfers need to.

I would have thought that someone being a member since 2015 would have seen this in the numerous posts on this.

I thought the non imm O visa 800k needs to come from abroad? the subsequent yearly extension they don't check the 800k was from abroad 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I thought the non imm O visa 800k needs to come from abroad? the subsequent yearly extension they don't check the 800k was from abroad 

In that case, you could not use 800k you had saved from a Thai job in the bank, then retire and get a Retirement Extension. I don't know, just asking.

17 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i think you will find that the funds required (800,000thb) for a within country non imm 'O' visa for retirement as part of a conversion process, do have to come from abroad unless the funds have been in your bank account for a long period of time, likewise the 65,000 monthly income does also have to come from abroad, unlike the 40,000thb required for a 'married' yearly extension

• Thumbs Up 2

In that case, you could not use 800k you had saved from a Thai job in the bank, then retire and get a Retirement Extension. I don't know, just asking.

I'm pretty confident the 800k is required to come from abroad, maybe some exceptions if worked in Thailand. UJ and co usually confirm quickly but this thread isn't in the visa section

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, giogio said:

"retirement visa"

So precisely what do you mean by this ambiguous expression? A conversion of a visa-exempt or tourist visa entry into a real genuine McCoy 90-day non-immigrant visa of the "O" variety for retirement at your local immigration office? Or an annual extension of stay for retirement at said office? Proof of the foreign source of pension income is required in the case of the former as well as the latter for the 65k monthly transfer method, but not in the case of the latter for the 800k bank balance method