60% devaluation of the Danish Krone?

webfact

• 3 months later...

Need to revive this topic.

It only involves buying/selling notes, not bank transfers, right?

I need to transfer a larger amount, via my bank in Denmark and need to be sure the money don't get stuck somewhere between the banks.

Does the thai bank make the conversion from DKK to THB, when the money arrives, right?

Thank you.

• Haha 1

On 12/5/2022 at 11:52 PM, Enzian said:

I just wired $2K to BK to cover my new apt (plus some) getting ready for my arrival this weekend, and Chase asked what the money was for. Family Expenses seemed to satisfy them. 

Money changing seems to have virtually ended in Europe. I spent just under the 90 day limit in the Schengen zone 2nd half this year, and spent less than 300 in Euros cash. Money changing rates are not reasonable, and ATMs can be a complicated <deleted> shoot and require some trial and error, or friends with experience. Everything, even an espresso, went on the credit cards. 

When I used to send money from the UK, the sending bank would always ask what it was for. I used to write something vague like "expenses", "to spend" and on one occasion " buying things". As the bank clerk explained the first time, as long as is not a particularly high sum they don't even look at the reason.

I suspect with the Danish Kroner, the bank's really don't want it because the quantity coming in to Thailand is too small to make it worth holding or changing.

Edited by herfiehandbag