Female French tourists praised for cleaning up the beach at Samui - rewarded with coconut water!

webfact

Just now, ThomasThBKK said:

Every god damn island here is cleaned by foreigners/immigrants/tourists, look up trash hero thailand.

As always thais come for nothing but a photo and PR, how about use ur 2 bloody arms and pickup trash urself man...

God wasn't involved. Don't damn him.

25 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

"Why would they feel obligated to pick up other people's trash."... they didn't feel obligated. It's called doing a good deed and doing the right thing. All of us can learn something from them. Not to wait for someone else to act if you can get involved and help. Don't complain when it isn't picked up while you sit on your hands. If more people were like these ladies, the world would be a far better place. Good for them.

"Thankfully where I live people don't throw trash all over surfside and it's maintained, by locals , that little bit that does make it there.".... but you live there and yet don't consider yourself a local. Hmmmmm....... could someone be a tad lazy. 

My reply was to TomBKK and nothing to do with trash heroes.

Local = Thais 

I don't complain about places that are trashed up, because I don't visit them.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, actonion said:

Good job  so many others dont think like you

And yet except for the 'Heroes', I never see them.

Seen plenty of farangs throwing trash on the ground, I've yet to see one picking someone else's trash up.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

"Local = Thais"..... Can this be a real statement? Locals are anyone who live in the local area. But there are some who think they are more elite than the "locals". Oh well.

Try going to Hawaii and tell the boys you're a local because you recently moved there.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Why would they feel obligated to pick up other people's trash.

They mean that they come for the photo opp, praise the tourists and say how great the thing that they did was (while gaining face for themselves), but never actually make the effort themselves.  Which makes their praise, coconut water and photos seem slightly empty.

A little cynical perhaps, but you can see their point.

• Like 2