Imm-O retirement extension two questions.

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Contract for rental is not required for 12 month extension. 

That depends upon the office where it is applied for.

15 minutes ago, ThailandNinja said:

2, Condo contract. How long contract time do I need to apply for 12 month extension. 3, 6, 12?

I am sure 3 months would be accepted at most office. It does not have to be for 12 months.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Which immigration office are you referring to with such a generalized post.

You would need to file TM30 for change of address and not much more

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That depends upon the office where it is applied for.

Here in Chiangmai, I've always furnished a copy of my lease for renewal of the annual extension based on retirement.  I presume it's required as they have never handed it back to me as they do occasionally with other extra documents I provide.  As for length of time of the lease compared to extension time period, that's never been an issue.  Got the new extension last week which expires January of 2024 whereas the lease currently expires March of 2023.

Not exactly sure of the entirety of the OP's question but I believe the only "extension" you can obtain to a "Non-O retirement" is an annual extension based on retirement (not including any possible extension options based on marriage or parenthood).

Each Immigration office may have different documentary requirements for the extension. Also, sometimes it may depend on the IO processing the extension.

At Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration, they require some form of proof of residence.  I use my lease, but I know some that have used their Thai driving license (showed their current address on the reverse side). 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, NoshowJones said:

DrJack54 is only trying to be helpful, not BSing his way out of anything. Both him and Ubon Joe are very helpful for posters with immigration problems.

They cannot always be on the ball when IO's all over Thailand are always making up their own rules.

I have found Ubon Joe to be the most helpful as far as visa issues go.

Point taken concerning IO's, however, when I am wrong I admit it, and move on. I don't have much tolerance for those who won't. Especially when they want to appear as experts in the subject matter

What he posted was wrong, full stop. Check Ubon Joe's post on the same point if you don't believe me.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, NoshowJones said:

I am not saying he was not wrong, it was the way you accused him of BS, I think that was wrong about a guy who was only trying to be helpful.

His subsequent posts gave me that impression. I'll leave it there.

On 12/6/2022 at 10:11 AM, soisanuk said:

Each Immigration office may have different documentary requirements for the extension. Also, sometimes it may depend on the IO processing the extension.

At Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration, they require some form of proof of residence.  I use my lease, but I know some that have used their Thai driving license (showed their current address on the reverse side). 

I have always used my phone / DSL bill there. Never questioned.

Edited by Jingthing

2 hours ago, Bazle said:

I hope it's OK to hijack this thread with a third question.

If you already have a Retirement Extension, how far ahead of its expiry date can you apply for a further extension?

TIA.

It depends on which Immigration Office.  Most allows 30 days in advance, some 45 days in advance.

• Thanks 1

On 12/5/2022 at 10:18 PM, Tom Parkinson said:

I’ve done six extensions at Chaeng Wattana. I used to take a copy of my condo lease as proof of residence. But the officer would always hand it back, so I no longer bother to take it. All they do is ask me to draw a little map of where I live. 

Does it mean I can write any address on my application form? Any address. That is great. I will just write the address of CW office. ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Onerak said:

Does it mean I can write any address on my application form? Any address. That is great. I will just write the address of CW office. ????

I notice that CW are now asking for 90 day report at document check.

This was previously not the norm.

I assume they are using that as address confirmation. 

On 12/6/2022 at 11:18 AM, Tom Parkinson said:

I’ve done six extensions at Chaeng Wattana. I used to take a copy of my condo lease as proof of residence. But the officer would always hand it back, so I no longer bother to take it. All they do is ask me to draw a little map of where I live. 

When I used to use CW I would always give them a copy of my condo lease & it was never returned 

FWIW I did my extensions approx 3 weeks before the end of the Lease which would end approx 3 weeks before the permission to stay I was extending but they never even looked at the dates on the lease. 

Edited by Mike Teavee