xmas day in Pattaya

Deserted

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

You are perfectly free to believe European restaurants will be charging an equivalent price for Christmas lunch, watch out for the low flying pigs.

Fairly obvious you have never been to the restaurant.

Enhance what restaurant, I have lived in Pattaya for 10 years and been to many of the restaurants, I can’t see how they can justify or the reason for charging premium rates on Christmas Day when no extra cost is involved, think it’s called profiteering.

Edited by Jumbo1968
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Enhance what restaurant, I have lived in Pattaya for 10 years and been to many of the restaurants, I can’t see how they can justify or the reason for charging premium rates on Christmas Day when no extra cost is involved, think it’s called profiteering.

Don't you think you should read a post before voicing a distorted opinion, although not uncommon on here.

Please explain how you would know what costs are involved in a special inclusive menu.

You are not under any compulsion to go so just stick to your fried rice.

59 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Don't you think you should read a post before voicing a distorted opinion, although not uncommon on here.

Please explain how you would know what costs are involved in a special inclusive menu.

You are not under any compulsion to go so just stick to your fried rice.

I don’t eat fried rice, I do a lot of home cooking here so I am well aware what it costs to prepare and cook a meal and it’s nowhere the prices some restaurants are charging (U.K. prices) for basically a Sunday Lunch with a few paper hats and crackers.

17 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I don’t eat fried rice, I do a lot of home cooking here so I am well aware what it costs to prepare and cook a meal and it’s nowhere the prices some restaurants are charging (U.K. prices) for basically a Sunday Lunch with a few paper hats and crackers.

Get down to Villa and see what Brussels sprouts cost, can't afford those at home!

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Get down to Villa and see what Brussels sprouts cost, can't afford those at home!

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I have seen fresh sprouts and frozen ones in Big C, never checked the price, sprouts are only decent once they have had a touch of frost, I doubt neither had.

BIg C had frozen cooked turkeys around 2500 baht.
I was in the U.K. in November, the cost of living has gone through the roof, 

27 minutes ago, terryq said:

For info...

Frozen Brussel Sprouts available at Makro

Imported Tomex brand 99 Baht per Kilo bag.

They actually had them fresh at my little village market for a spell, but it did not last!

On 12/6/2022 at 12:06 PM, KannikaP said:

Come to my place. I'll do it for Bht 250, incl vino and Paxo stuffing! 555

Where you live, and can I bring wife, son, daughter and aunty Mable

Edited by PFMills
  • Love It 1

19 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

No, it's called "business". Blame the customers for paying too much if you want to blame anyone. If no one booked at that price they'd reduce the price.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No, it's called "business". Blame the customers for paying too much if you want to blame anyone. If no one booked at that price they'd reduce the price.

Doubt that very much, no one reduces price here when something does not sell, it's not done.

Take property as an example.

I see the Tahitian Queen will be having its annual snow party on the 25th. An unforgettable experience, but not for the family. I dunno if I can handle another one. If you're around for New Year's Eve, there's also the No Knickers party.???? Now that's also fun, but Beach Rd's really hard to negotiate then.

• Like 1