xmas day in Pattaya

Deserted

Hello there, my family and I will be in Pattaya on xmas day and are trying to find out if any pubs do xmas lunch, or if any of the malls have something chistmassy going on or if any of the hotels have some sort of xmas buffet. if anyone knows of anything xmas day related in Pattaya, then please inform. 

• Haha 1

The bars and restaurants in the U.K. are very expensive on Christmas Day, it’s a holiday, the staff get double time, if they are on the minimum wage currently £10.90 meaning they will be on £21.80 on Christmas Day meaning lunch will be expensive.

in Pattaya the staff will be on the Thai minimum wage 350 baht roughly bearing in mind Christmas Day is not a holiday in Thailand so there is no need to pay an enhanced rate to the staff.

So why are Restaurants charging U.K. prices for Christmas Lunch ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In addition, I have had a quick look at all on offer linked to this thread, there is a bit of an issue in play that I completely forgot to mention. I am a vegetarian, and would ideally like  to find someone who caters for vegetarians for xmas lunch. No luck at what I have looked at so far. It's a bit much to ask for 1-2k per person for a plate of vegetables as a substitute, so that's not really an option. 

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Deserted said:

Yes of course but I take preference over personal recommendations than what google has to say. 

But the actual question you asked was did anybody know anywhere and Google, as others have suggested, knows the answer! In addition, it is likely that some places may have accompanying reviews within the search. If you want recommendations, then that is the question to ask about. I am guessing that you, like most of us in this forum are basically strangers to one another so nothing much different from reviews from 'outsde'.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

The bars and restaurants in the U.K. are very expensive on Christmas Day, it’s a holiday, the staff get double time, if they are on the minimum wage currently £10.90 meaning they will be on £21.80 on Christmas Day meaning lunch will be expensive.

in Pattaya the staff will be on the Thai minimum wage 350 baht roughly bearing in mind Christmas Day is not a holiday in Thailand so there is no need to pay an enhanced rate to the staff.

So why are Restaurants charging U.K. prices for Christmas Lunch ?

The best answer must be, because they can. Capitalism pops up everywhere, anytime.

• Thumbs Up 2