Shopee Stops Payment via Bank Accounts

webfact

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Blimey! Where do you shop?  The only English I hear is 'No have' as the assistant can't be arsed to put their phone down.  If you ask a question about the product they won't know anything.

Or even worse, LIE.

Yesterday my spouse attempted to buy some AUSTRALIAN beef tenderloin at the M**** store...

This time, oddly enough, they were only stocking ONE THAI brand of "beef".

Because the AGED versions of this product were selling for the same 2X price as the others, (the usual price of the Australian beef), spouse assumed it must be Australian, but asked the staff anyway, to confirm: "Is this Australian beef?", and they assured her that it WAS Australian.

Luckily, before leaving the store, we conferred, via video.

NOWHERE ON THE PACKAGE was there any mention or sticker, showing "AUS".

I made her take it back, and return it to the original shelf, explaining that they had flat-out LIED.

Later, at our lovely Villa Market, a genuine Australian steak was purchased. Expensive as h*ll, but I'll cut it into 4 or more pieces after cooking, for my rare steak and eggs / hashbrowns breakfast treat. [Not a "Rich Man", ???? ]

11 hours ago, mikebell said:

Blimey! Where do you shop?  The only English I hear is 'No have' as the assistant can't be arsed to put their phone down.  If you ask a question about the product they won't know anything.

Live in the CNX area. We ask the locals where is the best place for this or that.

If not happy with their response I go to an outlet who supplies tradesmen. In any trade - building, electrical, automotive. They will know who the cowboys are and who does quality work.

But this takes time and effort - something in short supply when people can just sit on their A-- and order via computer.

11 hours ago, seedy said:

Live in the CNX area. We ask the locals where is the best place for this or that.

If not happy with their response I go to an outlet who supplies tradesmen. In any trade - building, electrical, automotive. They will know who the cowboys are and who does quality work.

But this takes time and effort - something in short supply when people can just sit on their A-- and order via computer.

Actually if you do not personally inspect work it is just about useless as most customers will not have a clue.  But that has nothing to do with buying online - which is today.  There will always be some stores to provide immediate service but the world is changing to home delivery (and this was well established prior Covid and since has expanded greatly.  It is not being lazy - it is making an informed choice by reading about various products prior to purchase rather than asking a clerk (who will likely only know what provides him the greatest profit) and ending up with c r a p.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

It is not being lazy - it is making an informed choice by reading about various products prior to purchase rather than asking a clerk

And what is to stop you doing the same and buying from a local store ?

That argument holds no water. And why would you ask a clerk ? I ask the manager, the one that overseas the operation. Most all have been in business in their field for years. This experience - how do you duplicate it online ?

30 minutes ago, seedy said:

And what is to stop you doing the same and buying from a local store ?

That argument holds no water. And why would you ask a clerk ? I ask the manager, the one that overseas the operation. Most all have been in business in their field for years. This experience - how do you duplicate it online ?

For those of us living in Thailand rather than the moon find much better information online rather than store manager (assuming you can actually access such) - as for actual item that will depend on logistics and other factors but for most things find home delivery a very attractive option.

• Thumbs Up 1