Does "Yellow Book" Exempt one from the TM30 Requirement?

Both my neighbor and I have Non O visas with Retirement Extensions. We both have Thai wives who own houses and are both registered at our wife's houses via Yellow Books, and we both have pink Thai/Foreign ID cards.

I have always gotten a TM30 Form upon arrival to Thailand as I understood this to be required of all foreigners not staying at a hotel. The neighbor tells me it's not necessary to file TM30 if you are registered to a house address via a Yellow Book.

Is he correct? Can I/my wife skip the TM30 process?

• Haha 2

Since June of 2020 a new TM30 report is not required when enter the country with a re-entry. I would only be needed if you enter with a new visa. Also not needed if you travel within the country.

A yellow house book does not exempt you doing a TM30 report.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Since June of 2020 a new TM30 report is not required when enter the country with a re-entry. I would only be needed if you enter with a new visa. Also not needed if you travel within the country.

Thanks for the reply. I entered in February 2022 on a Non-O received in the US, and received a Retirement Extension in May 2022 which is valid through May 2023. I departed in June 2022 and returned in November 2022, so I assume I have entered on the same Visa.

I plan on staying in Thailand through June 2023 and to do a new Retirement Extension in May 2023. Based on this;

1) Will I need a new Non-O Visa for my Retirement Extension in May 2023? Will the other have "expired"?

2) Assuming I don't, then if I re-enter in November 2023 will I still be entering under the same Visa and once again not need to file a new TM30?

7 minutes ago, ftpjtm said:

I departed in June 2022 and returned in November 2022, so I assume I have entered on the same Visa.

You entered with a re-entry permit that kept your extension of stay valid to the day it expires.

8 minutes ago, ftpjtm said:

1) Will I need a new Non-O Visa for my Retirement Extension in May 2023? Will the other have "expired"?

2) Assuming I don't, then if I re-enter in November 2023 will I still be entering under the same Visa and once again not need to file a new TM30?

1. You can extend your current extension of stay for another year without needing a new non-o visa. And get a new re-entry permit.

2. No need for another TM30 report.

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can extend your current extension of stay for another year without needing a new non-o visa. And get a new re-entry permit.

Thanks again.

Can I "extend the current extension of stay" only one more year, or year after year assuming I'm not out of country when the Retirement Extension expires?

As always appreciate your responses which are more clear and concise vs everywhere else I've tried.

30 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Did you actually get a re-entry permit before leaving??

Check you latest entry stamp for it's expiry date!

I have a multiple entry Retirement Extension. My entry stamp expiry date is May 2023 and I understand that I need to renew the Retirement Extension at that time or start with a new Non-O visa.

5 minutes ago, ftpjtm said:

Can I "extend the current extension of stay" only one more year, or year after year assuming I'm not out of country when the Retirement Extension expires?

You can do the extension of stay year after year.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ftpjtm said:

I have a multiple entry Retirement Extension.

There ain't no such beast. I think you're referring to a Multiple Re-Entry Permit which is applied for separately to the non-O extension. 

Perhaps you got one at the same time as the extension for convenience's sake. If you leave the country without either a single or a multiple Re-Entry Permit then your visa/extension is null and void.

• Thumbs Up 1

Check your stamp from your November arrival to ensure your date was extended to next year's extension end date. If not then you might have just a 45 day entry. Best to check and be safe. No such thing as a multi re-entry extension. If your thinking about your ME Visa, we'll that disappeared when you were given your 1 year extension 

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

How does this one work

I live at 2 locations and i have yellow book for Ubon and all my 1 year extentions are done there, if my 90 day report is due when i am in Chiang Rai can i go there and do  my 90 day report, or has it got to be done in Ubon ?

Forget about online i am checking on going to the office in person.

Edited by Isan Farang

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

There ain't no such beast. I think you're referring to a Multiple Re-Entry Permit which is applied for separately to the non-O extension. 

Perhaps you got one at the same time as the extension for convenience's sake. If you leave the country without either a single or a multiple Re-Entry Permit then your visa/extension is null and void.

Yes, I have my terminology wrong. I have a Multiple Re-Entry Permit valid through May 2023.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Check your stamp from your November arrival to ensure your date was extended to next year's extension end date. If not then you might have just a 45 day entry. Best to check and be safe. No such thing as a multi re-entry extension. If your thinking about your ME Visa, we'll that disappeared when you were given your 1 year extension 

And yes, the latest arrival stamp allows me to be in country until May 2023.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, ftpjtm said:

Yes, I have my terminology wrong. I have a Multiple Re-Entry Permit valid through May 2023.

And yes, the latest arrival stamp allows me to be in country until May 2023.

Then your good to go, just do the 90 day when it is do and then renew your extension when the time is due, in some locations it can be done 30 days prior.  If you have not done a TM-30 before for your address then one is needed.  A yellow book does not absolve one of this.  I just did a TM-30 for my residence in HH PKK since we will stay here more than the condo in BKK, and yes I have a yellow book for my condo and still did a TM-30 3 years ago when it became my permanent residence back then.......Time to go to the DLT and change my addresses on my DL's and my vehicles owners books for here in PKK.  Don't need a ticket for speeding going to the condo in BKK and sitting for 2 months....lol

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Isan Farang said:

How does this one work

I live at 2 locations and i have yellow book for Ubon and all my 1 year extentions are done there, if my 90 day report is due when i am in Chiang Rai can i go there and do  my 90 day report, or has it got to be done in Ubon ?

My understanding is that it is not about your house book. It the the address where you registered your latest visa. Whilst at that address, you only need to process the 90 day reports. No need for TM 30 when you return to that address.

When you stay anywhere else (in a different province?) then you do the TM 30. If you are at that different address for more than 90 days, then you also do your 90 day report there. You will need a print out of the TM 30.

However - different people, at different immigration offices, sometimes think differently (when it suits them?)

1 hour ago, Isan Farang said:

You do the 90 day report wherever you are when it's due, would be quite cumbersome to travel to Ubon just do to the 90 day report... But immigration might ask you for the TM30 receipt for your current address.

Yellow house book has nothing to do with immigration.

1 hour ago, ftpjtm said:

Cool, just making sure. Some dudes don't know or forget about re-entry permits and have to start all over again upon their return.

5 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

If you are at that different address for more than 90 days, then you also do your 90 day report there. You will need a print out of the TM 30

In reality the 90 day report would be done online or via mail to office where you usually live. 

No need to file a TM30 and do your 90 report at a province just because you are staying there .

For example in March 2020 I stayed on Koh Samed for 8 months, due to covid restrictions in Bangkok and elsewhere. 

I did my 90 day reports via mail to CW as that's where I live. 

Edited by DrJack54

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I have a condo (not owned but have a 10-year lease) in Pattaya and my TM30 is registered once (in 2020) for that condo as my address when I purchased through an agent a retirement extension during Covid-19. I have entered twice in 2022 using Tourist visa and extended it at Jomtien immigration. There was no problem at all and nobody said anything to me about TM30. Planning to do the same again in 2023. My understanding is only when I change my passport (e.g. get a new one), I have to register it again. 

Edited by Onerak

2 minutes ago, Onerak said:

I have a condo in Pattaya and my TM30 is registered once (in 2020) for that condo as my address when I purchased through an agent a retirement extension during Covid-19. I have entered twice in 2022 using Tourist visa and extended it at Jomtien immigration. There was no problem at all and nobody said anything to me about TM30. Planning to do the same again in 2023. My understanding is only when I change my passport (e.g. get a new one), I have to register it again. 

If you enter on a new visa (eg tourist visa ) or visa exempt then you should file a TM30.

In reality unless immigration asks for one when you apply for 30 extension then it would not be an issue.

Owning the condo is irrelevant. 

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If you enter on a new visa (eg tourist visa ) or visa exempt then you should file a TM30.

In reality unless immigration asks for one when you apply for 30 extension then it would not be an issue.

Owning the condo is irrelevant. 

That's exactly I am doing. Immigration did not ask me anything twice when I extended my TR visa but I saw the officer opened it and checked it. May be matched my address with the form and TM-30? I don't own the condo but I have a lease for 10-years so my address is not going to change for at least 10 years.