Wise delay in processing funds into Thai Bank Account

5 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

You obviously have no idea how Wise operate and I should point out that this discussion is about Thailand and the THB, so your input is not very helpful.

Making out the delays are unique to Thailand is what is not very helpful.

Of course there are those that think they are a special case and should be treated differently.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Emeraldisle said:

I can't use Wise because they have blocked my account.  They need proof of income source. 

They blocked my account a while back, never found out the reason.

Used a different email address and the gf’s phone number to open a new account then changed phone number back to mine, working again as normal.

I have never had a problem with Wise until recently, transfer are sometimes taking nearly 2 days some times, I emailed them but they come back with the standard answer, we have converted your transfer to baht but the delay is with the Thai bank system. They also said transfers can be delayed over a W.E and Bank Holidays, no I have transferred money during these periods and it was more or less instantaneous.

Recent transfers took nearly 2 days yet I transferred money last night out with banking hours and it was instantaneous.

Are Wise holding peoples funds in a high interest bearing accounts, I imagine there will be a large sum of money which would attract interest.

Wise is now a public company, have they now changed anything because prior to going public everything was  straightforward, I will give them some credit as they answered my emails almost immediately.

For me it would be oke if with Wise (when funded early morning) the money would arrive at 2pm the same day or even 2pm the following day. (If a weekday that is).

Any faster is oke with me but not necessary. In all the years I am using them (since 2017) I only had one emergency (and that was yesterday) were I wanted for the money to arrive quick and it didn't but normally I don't care.

4 hours ago, jcmj said:

I had the same issue a few weeks back. Took 3 days. Not the service that they used to offer. Something must be going wayward. 

I had the same experience :  3 days from the moment they announced sending the money to the moment if arrived in my SCB account

• Like 1

14 hours ago, norbra said:

Thai holiday yesterday for birthday King rama 9

I have a "Swift" transfer from UK to Thailand 1st day of each month..

this month it finally cleared on the 6th in the afternoon.

Sat/Sun/Mon 3-day holiday being cited by SCB for the delay..

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Making out the delays are unique to Thailand is what is not very helpful.

Of course there are those that think they are a special case and should be treated differently.

No one, least of all me is suggesting that delays are unique to Thailand, but read the subject header again: 'delay in processing funds into Thai Bank'. That's what this thread is about. So your earlier comment, Quote: 'Nothing to do with the THB' is, I suggest, somewhat misplaced.

Edited by Moonlover

4 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Reading through the many posts that we've had regarding Wise recently, It's unfortunate that, their reputation appears to have become a 'victim of their own success'. 

It is so commonplace now for most of to receive our funds in seconds, that when it doesn't happen we tend to get agitated and start wondering what has gone wrong. Even I do, and I'm probably one of the more laid back guys around here.

In one of their quarterly news letters awhile back Wise did state that although they strive meet the demand for fast transfers, they could not always guarantee it and gave a list of possible reasons why not. All of those reasons seemed quite reasonable to me. I wish I'd kept the link for that statement, but sorry it's long gone.

Try to be a little more patient with Wise. They strive hard but this is not a perfect world that we live in and we really should make allowances for that.

Did 4 transfers over the past month each took 48 hours to 7 days.  Used to be almost instant.  So I don’t think it’s an isolated issue, but rather a change at wise or somewhere in the process.

3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

No one, least of all me is suggesting that delays are unique to Thailand, but read the subject header again: 'delay in processing funds into Thai Bank'. That's what this thread is about. So your earlier comment, Quote: 'Nothing to do with the THB' is, I suggest, somewhat misplaced.

It is totally fair to point out in this thread that transfers other than to Thai banks are also delayed in Wise like I did when I mentioned that even a USD transfer from Wise to Wise was recently delayed. This information helps by getting a bigger picture of the situation even for people who are interested only in Wise -> Thai bank transfers.

It's like people talking about a power outage in their soi and then someone saying hey the whole district has a blackout. It adds more context.

I had some of that fun last month or so too, wanted to transfer from Bank but it said I had to wait 2-3 days to do a 2nd transfer because the first one was too close to the 2nd I was trying to make.. (a day or two before, can't recall).

So I thought I would use one of the other option which is the email transfer system we have back home, it said it would take up to 5 minutes.. so I was like.. fine.

I do it, the money disappears from my account instantly (I click that I completed and then the next page tells me it will take up 3 days, so much for 5 minutes.

I messaged support cause I "kind of" needed the money now.. not that it was a big issue but by the time they replied (about a day and a half later) the transfer was already done.

That's all fine and dandy but, I was expecting 5 minutes when the normal transfers take 15 seconds. Couldn't get the money when i needed it (to transfer to help a friend that was in a bind)

Edited by kekalot

On 12/6/2022 at 9:59 PM, eisfeld said:

I did a transfer in USD *from Wise to Wise* and it was not instant yesterday. So it's not even related to wire transfers or Thailand. They must have some technical issues.

A few weeks ago they suspended the business account of a company I work with out of the blue with no real explanation apart from "violation of acceptable use policies" and then stonewalled. Two weeks later they changed course and re-instated the account without ever stating why they did the things they did.

Their chat support seems to be unavailable for a couple months already.

Something is up there.

Mine arrived 34 hrs after promised . In the interim I transferred a nominal amount which went through in seconds which did puzzle me and got me thinking , have they done a runner and I decided to contact them . However as you say their chat line was down , their given Singapore phone came back with " no such number " and their email messaging just collapsed . So not contactable on the day . I was able to send an email yesterday to voice my disappointment in their performance and lack of customer service . At the very least they should apologise to those who suffered delays to deliveries beyond the promised payout times .

20 minutes ago, superal said:

Mine arrived 34 hrs after promised . In the interim I transferred a nominal amount which went through in seconds which did puzzle me and got me thinking , have they done a runner and I decided to contact them . However as you say their chat line was down , their given Singapore phone came back with " no such number " and their email messaging just collapsed . So not contactable on the day . I was able to send an email yesterday to voice my disappointment in their performance and lack of customer service . At the very least they should apologise to those who suffered delays to deliveries beyond the promised payout times .

Wise U.K. contact number,

+44 203 974 1320, they only open 8 till 4 Monday to Friday, 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Wise U.K. contact number,

+44 203 974 1320, they only open 8 till 4 Monday to Friday, 

Thanks but where did you find that number because my Google search gave several UK numbers but your number was not included ?

Wise is doing this more and more.  Usually if you try and transfer on a weekend or a holiday...

they will NOT pre warn you.  the message will still say transfer in just seconds.

Then AFTER you complete, they will maybe tell you something else.  I've been told 3-4 days sometimes.

When this happens, OR if I KNOW I need an IMMEDIATE transfer I use remitly instead.  They are always instant.

I start with Wise usually because the rate means I'll usually get a 1000 or two extra bot transfered into my account.  Sometimes its NO difference after fees.  
--I always check exactly what I'll get first.

So, if speed of transfer doesn't mean anything, wise usually still best.  If you need the money now, use Remitly.

https://remit.ly/115ga6kz

• Like 1

On 12/7/2022 at 12:01 PM, Moonlover said:

If delays are global why question delays to Thai banks?

It's that narrow minded perspective again.

Sometimes, especially at weekends. I suspect it's at the Thai end but have no evidence to support that opinion. Choosing the answer funds for long stay always takes considerably longer but unlike choosing one of the other offered answers it then appears in your account as an inward  international transfer rather than simply, at least on my statements, as a transfer in from other bank.

39 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Used Wise for nearly 10 yrs and never had a transfer in seconds!  I always  plan for a next day receipt also allowing for w/e and holidays .  I think Thai banks slow things down.

I've done Wise to Krungsri for years and I usually get a notification from Krungsri that the deposit arrived before the Wise page even finishes showing that the money was sent, no joke.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes was just generally reading some informative sites and yes my monies normally arrive in seconds.
Any eventually made  a transfer 9th Dec and then noticed we have your money and funds will hityour account on the 14th.
Went to the help desk and submitted a form and then stated 2 working days but it seems 4 working days and yes we all transfer when we need it ie today.

Just my experience but had log in problems with my uk bank but have done this before and Wise is set up and literally 8 seconds my money hit my account over here!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I made a transfer from my Wise balance to SCB a couple of weeks ago (14th ish), it should have cleared the next day, but it took a week. Wise just kept saying 'technical problems, it'll clear tomorrow'. In the end, I sent a payment from a UK debit card, which cleared almost immediately. I cancelled the original transfer, then they paid is out anyway.

I don't use it very often, but in future I'll stick to debit card transactions, they seem more reliable.