Public Health Ministry Opposes 4 A.M.Closing Time For Night Venues

webfact

14 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Can't disagree entirely, who needs to out after 2am? I can remember my guide in Iceland going out trout fishing after midnight but it was full daylight early July.  

Boomboom is better in the afternoon anyhow.

There is a small sporting event on at the moment where the games (50% of the quarter finals and 100% of the semi finals) kick off at 2am.   So there is that.   

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

27 minutes ago, PMinThailand said:

He probably based his decision on a scientific report providing evidence that the COVID virus tends to be more aggressive between 02.00 am and 04.00am.

I suspect it should have nothing to do with Covid, as per the topic. You need to expand your rather limited horizons!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thumbs Up 1

If the argument was to close at 6pm or even 8pm to avoid COVID spreading, i could understand.  But 2 vs 4 am will not make a difference.  It is not likely that at 2am one finally decides to unmask and snog, but not do that at 1am.

I would like to see his data to backup this claim.

Making baseless claims here diminishes credibility when he tries to claim marijuana is safe.

• Thumbs Up 1

Every time I read about anything this man has uttered, I have to ask which Neanderthal did hid he borrow the brains from. He opens his mouth, puts his foot in then opens it further to put the other one in.  

Since when has Covid had a time restricted agenda?

• Thanks 2

I agree with him that 2am should be enough, although his reasoning seems not right. Covid has not much to do with closing hours... but how the "Alcohol-Business Association" spins it is appalling as well!

most trouble and/or traffic accidents are at night or at least when it's dark. I also like to watch soccer but I watch it in daytime, much easier, no disruption of my daily routine! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Surasak said:

Every time I read about anything this man has uttered, I have to ask which Neanderthal did hid he borrow the brains from. He opens his mouth, puts his foot in then opens it further to put the other one in.  

Since when has Covid had a time restricted agenda?

Couldn't agree more! He is blatantly anti farang, yet wants them here to boost the economy? Doh! His only educational qualification is in Engineering, but he is Minister of Health? Doh! Everybody should wear a mask - no they shouldn't - yes they should - OK, up to you! Doh! He goes to WHO  Summit meetings and doesn't know what certificates or visas he needs to attend? Doh! And now you are more likely to get infected with Covid after 2 a.m. in the morning! Doh!

It's obvious that the only reason this clown is in Office is because of his (and his family's) enormous wealth, and God, Allah, Buddha forbid that this idiot becomes the next Prime Minister, because surely the rest of the World's leaders will just shake their heads in misbelief when they investigate his qualifications! A bit like expecting Trump or Boris to be reselected as leaders of their respective Governments!

Edited by sambum
  • Love It 1