Does Thailand really want to become a cannabis tourism hotspot?

webfact

19 hours ago, webfact said:

And now, the tourism trade is beginning to jump on board. Last month, The Beach Samui on the island of Koh Samui launched southeast Asia’s first in-hotel ‘herbal dispensary’ where guests can sample “all-natural premium cannabis-infused medicine” designed to “enhance the natural journey of wellbeing”. Elsewhere hotels are selling “weed pizzas” and handing out joints you can smoke beside your resort pools.

Medicinal use only... Amazing Thailand.

18 hours ago, Mr Joe Bangles said:

Ahhh, quality tourists at last. Shedloads of dopey snoflakes to enlarge the TAT coffers.

My definition of quality tourist is the one who overstays his visa and then says I like Thailand so I don't want to leave. 

On 12/7/2022 at 12:05 PM, ezzra said:

hospitals started to overflow with people how misused the weeds

Shouldn't be a problem unless those people make the same mistake over and over. Quite quickly people learn what not to do a second time. Most tourists that would come for the  marijuana probably aren't those going to hospital for marijuana over indulgence.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/7/2022 at 6:24 PM, vangrop said:

Alcohol addiction is very harmfull, but far less than drug addiction. The problem with drugaddicted is that they are in full dening and banalising modus.

It begins with the softies and ends up with the hardies and or overdosis to trigger the sensations.

Nowadays most trafic accidents with runners are caused by doped. Worst crimes are caused by doped.

A few days ago in my country a drugaddicted murdered his wife and nine years old child. When he recovered he told that he didn’t remember anything.

So I think a responsible country doesn’t need these dangerous and financial uninteresting kind of tourists

Maybe you should let science decide instead of your opinion. Alcohol addiction is far worse and far more damaging then cannabis (talking about cannabis not other drugs). Nobody ever died of a cannabis overdose alcohol on the other hand quite a few each year). 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/7/2022 at 4:44 PM, RichardColeman said:

I 100% disagree.

Thailand cannot handle alcohol - as seen in road statistics - and YOU want to give them more drugs ? Insane. 

If you can get alcohol road deaths down by 95% you may have a valid argument for releasing weed.

Bit of a racist comment! The Thais happen to be our hosts, so stop insulting them in their own country. Don't like it/ Leave!