Does Thailand really want to become a cannabis tourism hotspot?

webfact

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

How many tourists in Thailand do you think rent cars?

Most rent a scooter without a license so they're breaking the law anyway.

And why is it your business?

Troll on!

It wouldn't be enforced in Thailand anyway, same as drink-driving and many other laws.

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

It wouldn't be enforced in Thailand anyway, same as drink-driving and many other laws.

Lots of people are getting hefty fines in Hua Hin now. 2k is nothing. Some pay more than 10k. Thais and farang.. It's gotten very tricky here to drive home after a couple drinks in the bar. And so it should be of course.

• Like 1

It's becoming more apparent, many classes of tourists are coming, especially with this factor, from the many countries that still repress it. Lots more money and jobs! At last count, 495 weed shops open in Bangkok, keeping a lot of people, farmers included, employed. Of course some big straight business don't like or want it, as sales of booze has dropped, sales of pharmaceuticals that attempt to treat the same symptoms, have dropped, violence attributed to drugs has dropped, arrests and use of ICE and Yabba has diminished, as well as the obvious loss to the street cops (supported by the Red 'you know whos') who can't find the easy bribes they had, the incarceration industry, including lawyers and it's other off shoots, having a down turn.. Thailand forward thinking gains additional respect from many first world countries, envy from some, albeit disgruntled despite from the primitive barbarek repressed lands, that see the inevitable future.. But on the other hand, after masked covid, this certainly does help to put the Smiles back on so many faces here and increases Random Acts of Kindness. Overall a Win-Win situation, after some time of 'growing pains and attitude adjustments' ...  

3 hours ago, stoner said:
4 hours ago, ezzra said:

This was one of the ideas and also somehow, provide some type of work/business for Thai people, but when the hospitals started to overflow with people how misused the weeds and clogged the system a call was made for a re-think of the way the went about it in the beginning...

3 hours ago, stoner said:

troll post. 

hospitals overflow from misuse of weeds ? plural too hahaha. go back to fear mongering in the covid threads.

4 youths in one hospital wasn't it?

3 hours ago, NK012 said:

This is a medical and regulatory issue only... it never should be criminal to smoke a natural plant, or sell it for that matter.  As if some increase in requirements for the health department / medical side to step up to the plate being needed is some huge epiphany.  Treat it as the issue in society it is. Crying and name-calling (hippie dregs, burnouts, wastoids and so forth) does 0 to help anything and only serves to make the lambaster appear quite ignorant. Some of the brightest people I've known incidentally smoke the greenie green. The issue either gets decent feedback and support  or it flails  about like a headless chicken and fails to be properly managed. Government should Invest more in support services/social welfare etc or continue to be less than adequate. Focus on moderation and respect for the plant, teach risks in schools, colleges etc. Manage it like a true leader, show other SEA etc nations it can be handled appropriately, and then feel better about it in the end and still create jobs and improve the economy around that attitude, which should be people first, profits after that. 

Let me start by saying I'm an advocate for people being allowed, for the most part, to do what they want. The weed that's being grown today is much more powerful than that of the Panama Red/Cheech & Chong variety, so I understand the concern of ignorant politician dinosaurs. Countries that have completely legalized it don't seem to have the problems of hospitals overflowing with dopers od'ing. Legalize it then tax the hell out of it. Win win.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, NK012 said:

it never should be criminal to smoke a natural plant,

I 100% disagree.

Thailand cannot handle alcohol - as seen in road statistics - and YOU want to give them more drugs ? Insane. 

If you can get alcohol road deaths down by 95% you may have a valid argument for releasing weed.

3 hours ago, proton said:

All they need now is rock and roll ????

Indeed, weed does not go so well with the sappy western ballads they're so fond of playing (at least they were in Jomtien - I'm in Chiang Mai now). If I hear "Right Here Waiting" by Richard Marx or "Have I Told You Lately That I Love You" by Rod Stewart one more time, I'm going to have a conniption.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, stoner said:

the pro's outweigh the con's of this by a huge margin. the world is changing and attitudes all over towards cannabis are evolving. 

Yes but it seems to me there's more discussion regarding the comparison of dangers of drink driving, and maybe should have been more discussion/rules/policies on this decades ago.

But the recent discussions, law changes etc right now re cannabis seems to have turned into a mess with many foolks, growers, cops etc lost and confused re new laws.

Was bound to happen.