2nd visit at Chaeng Watthana for marriage visa extension

Apologies if this has been discussed before. There are a lot of reports here about the first visits (when the documents are submitted) but I struggle to find anything about the second visit. 

I recently went to Chaeng Watthana to do the 1 year visa extension (Non-immigrant O visa based on marriage). My papers got accepted without an issue. I have a couple of questions regarding that second visit:

1. I was told to come back on the December 12th to get the visa. Is it okay if I go one day later? I want to use the new appointment system (it went well when I used it for the first visit) but there are no more time slots left on the 12th. 

2. What documents do I need to bring for the second visit, if any?

3. Is there any chance the visa extension could be rejected? Have there been any reports of that happening?

Cheers

1. The 12th is a holiday. You can go on the 13th.

2. Nothing more than your passport unless they told you to bring your updated bank book showing the 400k baht is still in the bank.

3. They would of contacted you if there was problem with your application.

I don't recall seeing a report of any body that got a denial.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, HugoFastor said:

I have married friends who didn’t always receive the visa extension on the second visit. Instead they were told that their application was still under review and asked to return to Immigration again in another 30 days. 

My wife calls immigration to check if it has been received to avoid a wasted trip to immigration. This year it had not been received yet. The officer called my wife the next day stating it had been received.

It is not uncommon for them not to of been approved by the division headquarters yet.

I can't speak for your particular immigration office, but there should be no need for an appointment for your second visit.

All you have to do is hand your passport over to the appropriate officer and sit and wait. From my experience this can be anything from 10 minutes to an hour max.

My local immigration office always recommends that you go in the afternoon to collect your stamp as sometimes the permission may still not have been granted in the morning.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

1. The 12th is a holiday. You can go on the 13th.

Oh I must've misheard then. I got a stamp in my passport saying "Applicant must contact again in person: 16th December". I guess that's the date when I have to go for the second visit?

Thank you all by the way for the answers/insights  

4 minutes ago, Katsura said:

Oh I must've misheard then. I got a stamp in my passport saying "Applicant must contact again in person: 16th December". I guess that's the date when I have to go for the second visit?

That is the date you need to go to immigration.

• Thumbs Up 1