Which coupe/sporty looking car to buy?

8 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Feeliq also do a high flow turbo upgrade good for 160hp with the mods you already mentioned.

they can also tune the auto box to improve shift points or if one has deep pockets convert to 6sp manual.

But with the cost of all that I may as well buy another Veloster 600-800k Baht as it's a much nicer car.

18 hours ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Nice car but a convertible is not practical in this country unless you only go out after 6 pm, I sweated in one for 3 years !!  Bit out of my price range also I'm afraid, of 54 on One2car I could just about afford the cheapest but as I only do around 5k kms a year I cant justify spending more than a million.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

I think you can get a hard top for them

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

The Veloster looks real good.

A couple on One2car now, a Turbo in white , not high mileage very cheap at 399k but someone has paid a deposit to reserve and a non turbo, one owner, only 12500 kms, with fsh to prove but 599k. The turbo is the preferred choice of everyone but a 2013 car with 12500 kms is like buying a new motor so tempting.

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Feeliq also do a high flow turbo upgrade good for 160hp with the mods you already mentioned.

they can also tune the auto box to improve shift points or if one has deep pockets convert to 6sp manual.

I feel a lot of their mods are due to dpf's failing and it costs to much to repair/repace the dpf. It seems to be a problem with this model. I wouldn't mind it if they can can tune it to be smokeless. There's nothing more antisocial  and polluting than black smoke billowing out of a car. No point going EV with such cars on the road. 

2 minutes ago, DavisH said:

I feel a lot of their mods are due to dpf's failing and it costs to much to repair/repace the dpf. It seems to be a problem with this model. I wouldn't mind it if they can can tune it to be smokeless. There's nothing more antisocial  and polluting than black smoke billowing out of a car. No point going EV with such cars on the road. 

They can tune to be smokeless, look at Innovation Motorsports  Maz 2 race cars.

Edited by Ralf001

23 minutes ago, seedy said:

If you provide a budget ceiling that would help with recommendations.

As I only do a few kms a year, probably less than 5k, I am reluctant to spend a lot. if it was a good young low mileage car I could go up to 1 mill but ideally no more than 800k. I sold my Veloster for 600k as I rarely used it so I thought it a waste plus it was depreciating and only paid 225k for my one owner fsh 2012 mazda 2 sport with 82k kms.

OK. Good price on the Mazda 2

Most likely your best bang for the buck would be install a turbo on what you have.

A few shops in BKK who can design, build and install. Worth checking out what the cost would be.

Good Luck

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/7/2022 at 7:26 PM, Denim said:

I always thought the HondA Prelude was a nice looking coupe. A bit long in the tooth but get a good one and might be future classic.

image.png.0deedda4cfc25ce73e0526ff49220e44.png

My ex-fiancee in the US asked me to help her buy a used car and I settled on a red Prelude. It was awesome and if I had a bit of spare cash, I would buy one here. It was a fun car to drive and she ended up using my pickup as I was always using her Prelude.

That or a Volkswagen Karman Ghia.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2022 at 2:49 PM, YorkshireTyke said:

A couple on One2car now, a Turbo in white , not high mileage very cheap at 399k but someone has paid a deposit to reserve and a non turbo, one owner, only 12500 kms, with fsh to prove but 599k. The turbo is the preferred choice of everyone but a 2013 car with 12500 kms is like buying a new motor so tempting.

Buying a 10 year old car even with very low mileage is certainly NOT like buying new! Very many faults are age ,not mileage related . Additionally,cars like that which never get a chance to warm up properly create their own problems. And their technology is out of date. The best option is a high mileage newer car that has done lots of low stress long journeys but whose price is depressed. Especially suitable for those doing low mileages thereafter.

The BMW 3.0 CSL is coming back for 2023.

If too expensive, Honda do RS version of the Civic and even the Honda Accord can look quite sporty, but again, maybe too expensive.

Of course. you could do what a lot of Thais do and just fit a really big wing on the back of your current car. ????

Edited by phetphet