Here is a first. Wife car clamped for parking wrong way round.

LivinginKata

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Was the car still parked there after sunset? It's an offence to park the 'wrong way round' after dark in some countries. It could be the same here.

It is an offence to park the wrong way, but I never heard of fines for it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just told my Mrs she should move her car, it's parked on the right-hand side of the road, facing the wrong way. She replied; "It's a one-way street". Plus, she is facing the direction of permitted travel. Only problem is many people disregard the signs and use our street in both directions. A policeman lives opposite and he too treats the street as two-way. Anyone know how we stand?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, stevenl said:

It is an offence to park the wrong way, but I never heard of fines for it.

My mate got done in Hua Hin about 4 years ago and had to go to the police station to pay. We weren't aware of the law then.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LivinginKata said:
12 hours ago, Jerno said:

Did she learn her lesson, or complain about how unfair it was upon her?

Well she asked me what happens if I don't pay. I state YOU PAY.

Dont pay they dont take the clamp off, pretty simple.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Just told my Mrs she should move her car, it's parked on the right-hand side of the road, facing the wrong way. She replied; "It's a one-way street". Plus, she is facing the direction of permitted travel. Only problem is many people disregard the signs and use our street in both directions. A policeman lives opposite and he too treats the street as two-way. Anyone know how we stand?

On two feet and salute!

• Love It 1

In countryside parked near front of lotus in a loading (I didn’t notice) in store less than 5 minutes. 
5 women in the car talking as loud as possible and as much as possible. I said did none of you notice 

the police clamped the front right tire? They had to take motorcycle to police station to pay 500 before clamp was taken off…. Didn’t park there again…

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Well she asked me what happens if I don't pay. I state YOU PAY.

Interesting when she parked she saw other cars clamped. Wondered why ..... .....

The proper use of sound judgment is a survival instinct in this world. Perhaps she will actually learn something from this. Which could save her from far greater peril some day. 

8 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Why would anyone need a law to tell them you don't park the WRONG way on a street? 

Jeez! What a mindset! Most people park the way that is most convenient to them without considering the SLIGHTLY increased risk when leaving the space into oncoming traffic. It is only the law that defines it as wrong!

1 hour ago, SunsetT said:

Jeez! What a mindset! Most people park the way that is most convenient to them without considering the SLIGHTLY increased risk when leaving the space into oncoming traffic. It is only the law that defines it as wrong!

Ha what about all motorcycles driving against traffic on the wrong side of the road

• Thanks 1

What is this ...... WHAT is this?

Fined for parking the wrong way? The cops must have a field day at each and every 7/11 to start with; I never saw any country with such an inability to park a vehicle more or less right. See all those scooters blocking 90% of the space by absolute carelessness; be it in front of stores or restaurants. 

Just made my day with this contribution; thank you very much for it ???? 

• Like 1

The law is the law, and it makes sense, and why it's illegal in most countries, I think, to park facing against traffic.

Makes it quite hazardous when parking, and especially when leaving, as driver is on the wrong side of any visibility of oncoming traffic.

People cry about the lack of enforcement, then complain when it is.

• Like 1