Here is a first. Wife car clamped for parking wrong way round.

LivinginKata

My understanding this is a safety issue. In the dark the rear reflectors of parked vehicle will glow up in the head lights of the oncoming vehicle.  That assume oncome vehicle has lights on or not ghost riding ???? 

Edited by LivinginKata
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, LivinginKata said:

My understanding this is a safety issue. In the dark the rear reflectors of parked vehicle will glow up in the head lights of the oncoming vehicle.  That assume oncome vehicle has lights on or not ghost riding ???? 

Last evening we were driving in unfamiliar territory, my Mrs at the wheel (as always) and myself in passenger seat. After my head had hit the roof 4 or 5 times I asked my wife if she could slow down for the speed humps and possibly try to steer around the potholes? She replied; "I would, but I can't see the road ahead". I have to admit I couldn't see anything in front of us either. Only then it dawned on me; we were driving on sidelights! I suggested she switch to dipped headlights and things then improved. Have to take 50% of the blame for not noticing myself! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, madmitch said:

Phuket has many streets where you park on one side of the road on even dates, the other side on odd dates. It would be bit unfair to clamp if these rules are in place wouldn't it?

You are still breaking the law for parking in the wrong direction (even on the correct side based on date).

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, madmitch said:

Phuket has many streets where you park on one side of the road on even dates, the other side on odd dates. It would be bit unfair to clamp if these rules are in place wouldn't it?

Have seen the chains going on bikes in Sawadirak Rd after about 7am as they have parked overnight and are now on the wrong side of the road.

Longstanding rule and has been enforced for many years now with chains.

• Thanks 1

On 12/8/2022 at 6:21 AM, The Fugitive said:

Just told my Mrs she should move her car, it's parked on the right-hand side of the road, facing the wrong way. She replied; "It's a one-way street". Plus, she is facing the direction of permitted travel. Only problem is many people disregard the signs and use our street in both directions. A policeman lives opposite and he too treats the street as two-way. Anyone know how we stand?

no such thing as a one way street in thailand

• Love It 1