Immigration Police to Revise Visa Extension Criteria

snoop1130

2 hours ago, Pinot said:

The General saved Thailand from anarchy. The government at the time (that moron Yingluck) had ceased to function. The General asked them to work it out, they were incapable of doing anything, so he threw them out. The government has worked well under Prayut and I think he does a good job. Remember, there is no alternative. If the General goes we will soon be back in the middle of anarchy. That's just the way it is. 

Actually that is NOT the way it is.

If he really was that upset about it, he should have quit the army, stood for an election and let the people of Thailand decide their own future.

So far he has never stood for an election and is the PM by virtue of rigging the constitution and packing the UNELECTED by anybody senate with his family, cronies and anybody who agreed with him.

IMHO WHEN the general goes, Thailand and the Thai people will start on the long hard road back to elected democracy.

Elected democracy by the Thai people, is a term that the Thai military does not understand and is unwilling to accept.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Never involved? They paid somebody an increased fee to do so.

Yes, I have often paid over the odds for the convenience of something. Anyone standing in a long line down soi 5 in the sun to save a few thousand baht.... sad, but maybe no choice. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/9/2022 at 9:01 AM, LivingNThailand said:

Some of the long term renters really only want to stay for 90 days in the winter.  First & Last rent deposit forfeited  and 3 months rent ( 5 months total) can be cheaper than a hotel in high season and a kitchen to cook their food a bonus. If I was renting a unit long term I'd want to make sure the renters had a bonafide visa so they wouldn't skip out after 90 days. 

Yesterday I heard from a neighbor that several groups of Russian men (in Phuket) in our neighbor have put first and last rent down on long term rent and leaving after the second month. I wonder how many times this has happened in the past few months?