Ebay became a place for scammers too

fdsa

I wouldn't have created this topic if it was a single case, however it is a third time already within the past few months. I've won three different auctions from three different sellers and they all have cancelled the order with the reason "buyer asked to cancel" and relisted the item again. But of course I did not ask to cancel the order because I've won an auction with a great low price!

Obviously the sellers just did not like the low winning bid. It seems that Ebay has added a scam button for the sellers allowing them to cancel the order on their own discretion, without the need for the buyer to actually request a cancellation.

scr.png.ec3192a74ae34d47c6d76f6ee9543af4.png

You are right in my eyes to ,    a scam.   Its' well an truly deceptive.

What does scam mean; 

A scam is a deceptive scheme or trick used to cheat someone out of something, especially money.

Scam is also a verb meaning to cheat someone in such a way.

Example: Banks will never call you asking for your credit card number or social security number over the phone. If someone calls and asks for information like that, it’s a scam.

23 hours ago, fdsa said:

sellers allowing them to cancel the order on their own discretion, without the need for the buyer to actually request a cancellation.

eBay is not what it was 20 years ago. 
ebay is a place to buy fixed prices only. I quit eBay auctions long ago. 

if you use paypal you cant get scammed as   ebay delay the payments to the seller

until  you  have given good feedback

i was scammed over an ebike but it didnt arrive so the  scrote got no money and it was returned to me in full ,because no good feedback from me

the seller was banned for being a crook

car buyers get scammed cos they pay cash on a car that don't exist

I come from a farming district. It is normal when selling beasts at auction, to put a reserve, i.e minimum acceptable price on the item(s) for sale. If the highest bid does not meet this expected price, then no sale. I can recall many occasions over the years when livestock was returned to the farm unsold.

On 12/10/2022 at 9:07 AM, LomSak27 said:

They have been doing the bait, then not delivering, for decades now. OTOH, that is why many do not bother with E Bay, and haven't for a long time.  

"...that is why many do not bother with E Bay".

The other many millions continue to use eBay with no problems.

9 hours ago, tyler28 said:

You ought to be able to leave feedback for cancelled transactions. Ebay will not automatically prompt you to do so, but if you search Google for "Ebay leave feedback for cancelled," you ought to be able to find instructions.

good idea, thank you! Yes, I've found how to leave a feedback for a cancelled order: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/Seller-cancels-order-Can-t-leave-feedback/m-p/32038971/highlight/true#M358162

In short: go to your feedback profile https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/ and you will see a list of orders "awaiting your feedback"