France makes condoms free for 18 to 25 year olds

Scott

condom packs

Young people in France will have free access to condoms from January, in a bid to minimise the spread of sexually transmitted infections (STIs).

The French president announced the new health measure on Thursday at an event for young people's health.

Emmanuel Macron said young people would be able to collect them from pharmacies, and described the move as a "small revolution in prevention".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63915467

BBC.jpg

It’s a start, but they need to educate them first and show them horrific pictures of things that can happen if you don’t use them. Saw some very graphic pictures at a government hospital and if that doesn’t do it God help them. ????????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jcmj said:

It’s a start, but they need to educate them first and show them horrific pictures of things that can happen if you don’t use them. Saw some very graphic pictures at a government hospital and if that doesn’t do it God help them. ????????

To be fair the 'horrific pictures' would be after 10 years of not treating the disease.

I doubt that would happen in any country outside of Africa.

Generally it's propaganda from the anti-sex brigade.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

100% , couple years after they will be arguing about France's baby rate plummeting 

Unlike Africa

" If you can't feed em, don't breed em " but the message never gets across.

We will soon have all the Christmas ads begging westerners money to cure everything from Pneumonia to filthy water in Africa along with the obligatory kids with runny noses crying with flies in their eyes whilst you are looking forward to your Christmas dinner.

Meanwhile African leaders are building palaces and buying property in Monaco.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

We will soon have all the Christmas ads begging westerners money to cure everything from Pneumonia to filthy water in Africa along with the obligatory kids with runny noses crying with flies in their eyes whilst you are looking forward to your Christmas dinner.

Happily I'll never see them as I stopped watching mainstream tv long ago. Nothing worth watching and infested with advertising. Only watch Al Jazeera which has minimal advertising and nothing of that sort.

Don't miss it an iota.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

HIV AIDS didn't exist then.

Why only start at 18? The ones that probably need them the most would be younger IMO.

Against HIV Prep gives a more effective protection than condoms, why are authorities always jumping up and down chanting "coondom, condoom, condoom", like primitive morons?

I think France is a bit behind the curve on this. Free condoms for younger people are already available in many Western countries.  In the UK anyone can get free condoms.  Prior to a trip to Thailand earlier this year I stopped by my local health centre and asked for some condoms.  I must have been looking frisky because I was given a bag of about 50, along with sachets of gel.  The quality is good. 

At last something back from all that tax I've paid over the years.

• Haha 1

On 12/10/2022 at 10:09 PM, Boomer6969 said:

Against HIV Prep gives a more effective protection than condoms, why are authorities always jumping up and down chanting "coondom, condoom, condoom", like primitive morons?

Go tell  Mechai Viravaidya that he should have been promoting HIV prep instead then.

Does that stop syphilis, gonorrhea, warts and pregnancy? Condoms do.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Go tell  Mechai Viravaidya that he should have been promoting HIV prep instead then.

Does that stop syphilis, gonorrhea, warts and pregnancy? Condoms do.

All of which are curable, HIV isn't in most cases. And there is no intimacy with condoms. Some people also enjoy spreading the word that one will catch and abject incurable disease every time they have "illegitimate" sex.

Edited by Boomer6969

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Herpes isn't curable either. Condoms stop those too.

Nope, condoms aren't effective against HSV nor HPV infections. I had the worst HSV 1 outbreak when I was 9. 

HSV goes dormant after a while. And there are good antivirals to control early stages.

1 hour ago, Boomer6969 said:

Nope, condoms aren't effective against HSV nor HPV infections. I had the worst HSV 1 outbreak when I was 9. 

HSV goes dormant after a while. And there are good antivirals to control early stages.

Nonsense.

https://www.guttmacher.org/journals/ipsrh/2001/12/condoms-reduce-womens-risk-herpes-infection-do-not-protect-men

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/stds-hiv-safer-sex/hpv/how-can-i-make-sure-i-dont-get-or-spread-hpv

Many more where they came from.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boomer6969 said:

The CDC disagrees with you, in part. They do, but only the part covered.

https://www.cdc.gov/std/herpes/the-facts/genital_herpes_508.pdf

Condoms can reduce your risk of getting genital herpes if
used the right way every single time you have sex.
But a condom protects only the area of the body
that it covers. Areas the condom doesn’t cover can become
infected.