Biden should acknowledge Thailand’s roll in capturing Viktor Bout

webfact

7 hours ago, webfact said:

the Biden administration agreed on a one-to-one deal. Washington has Bangkok to thank, among others, if the American institutional memory really values the Thai contribution.

Why thank Thailand...will Thailand now admit to having black sites in the country...

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The  author  of the article is talking rubbish !! Typical Thai are the best ideas. Thailand only did what any country in the world would do if they had a red warning from Interpol out for a criminal. No more or less. Maybe  he should read the articles about Thailands red light districts, the lack of social security, the corruption in high places , the poverty behind closed doors ? Or has he read too many of these international front page news articles. ? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Bim Smith said:

Brittney Griner is a he. 

I got confused when I saw Brittney Griner suddenly referred to with a masculine pronoun. So what is this person, man or woman or it? Transgendering or transgendered? What is the 21st character in the second line of the machine-readable text at the bottom of the ID page of its passport, M or F or what other letter of the alphabet?

Edited by Puccini

16 hours ago, Mavideol said:

the fact that she is openly gay, that she is gender nonconforming, not traditionally feminine — all of these work against public sympathy for someone in her position,"

We live in Woke times; she has all the credentials necessary to evoke sympathy from the do-gooder influencers.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mran66 said:

What's the point of this? It is widely publicized in media that Bout was captured in Thailand, which naturally means thai officials were involved. 

Asking for some special thanks looks pathetic. Like a narc begging for attention on matters old. 

Just what I was thinking. Who is actually asking?

Btw, isn't it 'role'? 

15 hours ago, geisha said:

The  author  of the article is talking rubbish !! Typical Thai are the best ideas. Thailand only did what any country in the world would do if they had a red warning from Interpol out for a criminal. No more or less. Maybe  he should read the articles about Thailands red light districts, the lack of social security, the corruption in high places , the poverty behind closed doors ? Or has he read too many of these international front page news articles. ? 

I don't think you're allowed to criticize moderators. 

Thailand has a Social Security scheme, not sure what you mean here. I got a pension and can get free health treatment.  

7 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

Biden can't acknowledge if he had breakfast or tied his own shoes without checking with his staff.

As far as Griner goes.... they had the chance to swap for a marine who served his country and committed no crimes or a lesbian basketball player who did break the law. 

Seems to me that the color of the skin was the deciding factor for Biden.

What you say has been outed as patent nonsense over and over again on this thread. Either read other people's posts or, do your own homework instead of cribbing off others, or whatever. What you say is just gross. You know he was caught thieving, kiting and lying about his previous employment and qualifications, right?

For the 100th time, here's the low down on your hero:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Whelan_(security_director)

• Like 1

Just now, bradiston said:

What you say has been outed as patent nonsense over and over again on this thread. Either read other people's posts or, do your own homework instead of cribbing off others, or whatever. What you say is just gross. You know he was caught thieving, kiting and lying about his previous employment and qualifications, right?

For the 100th time, here's the low down on your hero:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Whelan_(security_director)

It was a clear cut black and white decision for Biden. We all know which way he leans.

"he was caught thieving, kiting and lying about his previous employment and qualifications".... and she was caught with drugs. I'd say her offenses are worse.

so many "experts" on here as to what biden did or did not do to get an american citizen free...from

" experts" that have no clue as to what was discussed proposed etc...bottom line she is now free and for all you haters she is every bit as much an american citizen as any other american citizen even the ones who cheer and  scream patriot while they storm the capitol and try to overthrow the government...

oh how easy it is to sit in the bleachers and boo the quarterback rather than having to play the game....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HuskerDo2 said:

It was a clear cut black and white decision for Biden. We all know which way he leans.

"he was caught thieving, kiting and lying about his previous employment and qualifications".... and she was caught with drugs. I'd say her offenses are worse.

Oh, ok. You have a choice for running mate. A guy who stole from you and lied to you repeatedly. Who was kicked out of the marines and has a record for dishonesty and is currently banged up for spying. OR... a 6' 7" double olympic gold medal winner for your country, who uses a bit of THC oil for pain relief of her sports injuries.  Now, which is it to be?

ER, can I phone a friend? I'm not sure about it. Maybe the Olympic gold medallist. But wait, she's black. And gay. I'll take the dodgy white guy pretending to be straight. Yeah, he's the one for me.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, allanos said:

Biden is very poorly advised. He is completely at the whim

of a far-left agenda which bodes no good for both the USA

and the world in the long term.

And to think the USA and the rest of the world has to put up with him for another two years, that is if he lasts that long. 

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Guitar God said:

America, where everyone brags about how much freedom we have but complain if you exercise it. Don't offer your opinion on politics and don't even think about exercising your freedom to not stand up for songs.

What price did she pay for not respecting the national anthem? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Guitar God said:

It it was a straight, white male NBA player who had forgotten a vape cartridge in their luggage and was arrested and imprisoned in Russia and released, conservatives would be arranging for a ticker tape parade and celebrating.

So why don't people of color celebrate her return? 

6 hours ago, Gknrd said:

US drug enforcement is a joke IMHO. Just big business.  As soon as this guy was put away another cartel 100 times worse is taking his  place. Might as well legalize coke in the US it would be cheaper and stop the killings IMO.  

Colombia is heading in the right direction IMO.. I lived in Colombia for a while and coke is legal and I was never once asked if I wanted any. Never even herd it mentioned. I asked the door man at my hotel and he said it's legal but nobody wants  it except the disco crowd. I went and sat in front of a disco and saw the local dealer selling to an upper income crowd. No problems what so ever. They were using it like drinking a beer and enjoying the club scene. I have never tried the stuff but I was amazed at how everyone was enjoying their selfs and well behaved. 

I had a condo there with a balcony overlooking the street and the clubs closed around 2 or 3 and the police were there making sure the cars got out and everyone was ok.  Such a strange thing to see. The young people were definitely buzzed but were not causing any trouble.

Coke, like booze can cause serious health problems if abused over a period of time.  Same with pot.  Since the lifting of prohibition  alcohol l is legal and regulated at both the state and national level.  Pot is legal in some U.S. states although still ruled illegal by the feds.

• Like 1

For our marine HERO.....gee a bad conduct discharge...guess some of you haters missed that one or maybe it was all fake news by the court martial marine corps.

After a court-martial conviction in January 2008 on multiple counts "related to larceny", he was sentenced to 60 days restriction, reduction to pay grade E-4, and a bad conduct discharge.[9][10] The specific charges against him included "attempted larceny, three specifications of dereliction of duty, making a false official statement, wrongfully using another’s social security number, and ten specifications of making and uttering checks without having sufficient funds in his account for payment."

Giving away an illegal and legendary international arms dealer in exchange for a marijuana addict is emblematic of Biden administration. How much did USA spend to get that guy? All the while the mediocre, female, black basketball player of zero concern to the US population who brazenly broke Russian law and carried drugs into the country. She's not worth exchanging for a soi dog. The exchange is criminal and the Russian are rightly laughing. 

30 minutes ago, Posideon said:

Giving away an illegal and legendary international arms dealer in exchange for a marijuana addict is emblematic of Biden administration. How much did USA spend to get that guy? All the while the mediocre, female, black basketball player of zero concern to the US population who brazenly broke Russian law and carried drugs into the country. She's not worth exchanging for a soi dog. The exchange is criminal and the Russian are rightly laughing. 

"She's not worth exchanging for a soi dog."

I suggest a soi dog has more morals than you

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Posideon said:

All the while the mediocre, female, black basketball player 

Mediocre? - four EuroLeague titles, three Russian League titles, two World Cup titles, two Olympic gold medals. Plus a huge list of awards and titles since junior school.

Mediocre? How do you compare?

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, gomangosteen said:

Mediocre? - four EuroLeague titles, three Russian League titles, two World Cup titles, two Olympic gold medals. Plus a huge list of awards and titles since junior school.

Mediocre? How do you compare?

How does she compare to other men