Crazy Traffic - Only going to get worse - Phuket going to be overrun

ESLTeacher1989

A grammar police post and the flaming reply has been removed.  

9. You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages. You will respect other members and post in a civil manner. Personal attacks, insults or hate speech posted on the forum or sent by private message are not allowed.

On 12/14/2022 at 10:15 PM, simon43 said:

I lived in north Phuket between about 2002 - 2012, and it was getting busy then.

I visited again a few months ago and found the peaceful areas of north Phuket had all but disappeared.

Where am I living now?  North coast of Phangan!  Unspoilt, no traffic, quiet beaches, cheap rental accommodation.  I'm happy there ????

You are a very lucky guy then!  ????

I loved north and north east of Phangan. More like the 90s than anywhere on Samui. Over the years I stayed on every beach, but my favourite was always Than Sadet. 10 people on the sand was a busy day. Significant that it was difficult to get to which kept the louts and the day trippers away- being a National Park meant it couldn't be overdeveloped.

Bottle was supposed to be great, but they ruined it with a concrete hotel in the middle of it.

On 12/14/2022 at 5:47 PM, London Lowf said:

Why do so many people come onto the Phuket forums when they are not interested in the place and just want to bad-mouth it?

I ride a scooter - no need for taxis - and taking everything into consideration, Phuket is as close to perfect as any place that I've ever been (and can afford!).

To warn people thinking of going there!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, pagallim said:

So, someone who confesses to have not been to Phuket for many years, is happy to dispense warnings to others.   I haven't been to the UK/US for many years, but I've read that they are now awful, so please readers, don't go there (or if you do, wear a stab/bullet proof vest).

free speech. 

On 12/12/2022 at 6:35 AM, London Lowf said:

"Phuket going to be overrun"

OP, you sound like the British tabloid press!

The limiting factor for the forseeable future will be a lack of accommodation. Book into a high-rise hotel anywhere in Patong and look around you at the dozens of empty/mothballed/abandoned hotels. Walk along Rat-U-Tit or Nanai or around the area of 2-star hotels near Malin plaza - same thing.

Many will argue that Phuket was in decline before Covid and the pandemic was the last kick in the groin for many businesses. It will get busier over peak season and the traffic will get worse, but nowhere near the levels of pre-Covid.

Yes but just the same. A whole new crew of dreamers will wash up on Phukets shores. And buy up these hotels and reopen them. We just dont seem to have the 2008 style recessions anymore , where money and credit dries up.