my new UK passport collection

I applied for a new Uk passport . Trendy building 31/october this year . i was told fifteen weeks  before my new passport will arrive . yesterday i received an email to say my passport has arrived . six weeks waiting time was a pleasant surprise . Is it straight forward to renew at Udon immigration ? what documents will i require for a quick stress free change of visa to new passport . Thank you .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AhFarangJa said:

I did the same in October. Took both passports, filled in the form you get with the new passport. There is a 500 Baht fee for transfer ( this is in Hua Hin.)

Ten minutes later, all done.

Hua Hin seems to be unique in charging for this.  It's certainly a free service in Bangkok.

• Like 1

If they ask for a fee it's corruption money, so insist on a receipt before you pay anything.

A lady immigration officer at a border post took a minute to anotate and authorise the transfer, then asked for 100 baht.

As soon as I insisted on a receipt, she scowled siently, and thrust both passports back into my hand.

Report any IO who tries to scam you.

Keep them honest.

Edited by cmjc
Sp
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, DrJoy said:

No fees.

Would you mind sharing the receipt?

Sorry I do not have it as I was renewing my Visa at the same time. However, it it is probably a "local" rule as happens so often here. I remember a while back when applying for my driving licence I had to pay 1,000 baht for each letter of residence in Hua Hin, where other districts there is no or minimal charge.