Filthy sewage going into the sea in Jomtien - it's been happening for THREE YEARS!

webfact

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Used to be a small stream of sewage at the North end of Pattaya Beach for years and years, that seemed to originate from up North Rd and a pipe near that corner, close to the Dusit. 

That is their personal septic tank the hotel it is well known. ????

• Like 1

Three years in fact, while their complaints had fallen on deaf ears.

Are these the same ears whose orifice lower down continue to claim Pattaya as a family resort?

It costs the tourist to sit on the beach - the sewage is free!

• Like 2

It's amazing that the locals have actually become accustomed to seeing black sewage seeping into the sea. And who needs a long term solution anyway, when a quick plaster fix will do the trick? Clearly, the town of Pattaya is just oozing with charm and appeal. I guess when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade... or in this case, when life gives you sewage, you just learn to love it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, goloeilmanz said:

It's amazing that the locals have actually become accustomed to seeing black sewage seeping into the sea. And who needs a long term solution anyway, when a quick plaster fix will do the trick? Clearly, the town of Pattaya is just oozing with charm and appeal. I guess when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade... or in this case, when life gives you sewage, you just learn to love it!

They will certainly see there paradise become a over polluted paradise , It will change when more people get sick and it effects Tourism. Remember there is such things as waterborne diseases Typhoid, Polio , Malaria , Dengue Fever that people can contract Thailand !! Where’s The Health Ministry !! ?? Counting Brown envelopes ???? 

• Thumbs Up 1

I have not visited a Thai beach in almost two decades.  If I someday decide I would like to go to the beach then I will go to Hawaii.  I have lived in Thailand for more than thirty years, but far from the beach, or Bangkok, and have no desire to visit either.

• Thanks 2

Hello , Thailand will certainly see there paradise become a over polluted paradise , It will change when more people get sick and it effects Tourism. Remember there is such things as waterborne diseases Typhoid, Polio , Malaria , Dengue Fever that people can contract Thailand !! Where’s The Health Ministry !! ?? Counting Brown envelopes !!  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Robert Tyrrell said:

Actually Thailand is considered a 2nd World Nation  ???? 

This is not true, Thailand is not a 2nd world nation. The term "2nd world" is no longer commonly used and referred to countries that were aligned with the Soviet Union during the Cold War. Thailand, on the other hand, is considered as a developing country

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Robert Tyrrell said:

They will certainly see there paradise become a over polluted paradise , It will change when more people get sick and it effects Tourism. Remember there is such things as waterborne diseases Typhoid, Polio , Malaria , Dengue Fever that people can contract Thailand !! Where’s The Health Ministry !! ?? Counting Brown envelopes ???? 

You left out hepatitis - very serious and common in polluted waters, from shellfish. 

26 minutes ago, CM Dad said:

I have not visited a Thai beach in almost two decades.  If I someday decide I would like to go to the beach then I will go to Hawaii.  I have lived in Thailand for more than thirty years, but far from the beach, or Bangkok, and have no desire to visit either.

I have been living in Pattaya for more than 20 years. I never went into this dirty water here. Not 1 time. And in Jomtien you have longer pipes going into the sea. They contain no drinking water... All the many people sitting on the beach. Where do they go to the toilet? And this not just to pee ????????????