Filthy sewage going into the sea in Jomtien - it's been happening for THREE YEARS!

webfact

12 hours ago, Boyn said:

Thats not Thai sewage , that sewage is coming from dirty tourists .

I knew it, knew it, knew it.

6 hours ago, David T Pike said:

Ground zero was found to be the Pattaya Police Station. 

????

14 hours ago, goloeilmanz said:

This is not true, Thailand is not a 2nd world nation. The term "2nd world" is no longer commonly used and referred to countries that were aligned with the Soviet Union during the Cold War. Thailand, on the other hand, is considered as a developing country

LOL. I know a "developed" country that lags far, far behind Thailand in infrastructure. Public transport is a very bad joke compared to Thailand which has excellent public transport.

I saw sewage being released into the water about 200 meters out from my Jomtien Complex 18 floor windowin 2005. I thought it  was probably a break in the Pipe or something,  Just black mass spreading out from that point.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

So why risk legal action for accusing a hotel of polluting? Not a great idea.

So why the continue promotion of your cause?  I merely responded to what was said the hotel wasn't mentioned to me, as noted I agree with the assessment of the pipe being up the top just happens that is where the hotel is located. Years ago as noted not by me the pollution coming out of the pipe reason why then and now you see no one swimming in the area.

There are a number of hotels up in that area as recently as you know. But you monitor and continuing noting what was said is more concerning than our comments. I do know that this site is monitor as you do as noted so what is your intend to continue with what the discussion especially noting to me " on thin ice " and then now.  You have said your piece now " silence is golden " follow your own advice by continuing the needless conversation you put yourself on thin ice also!????

If you are a moderator just say it why tap dance on your soap box.  I and everyone get your point! 

19 hours ago, Robert Tyrrell said:

They will certainly see there paradise become a over polluted paradise , It will change when more people get sick and it effects Tourism. Remember there is such things as waterborne diseases Typhoid, Polio , Malaria , Dengue Fever that people can contract Thailand !! Where’s The Health Ministry !! ?? Counting Brown envelopes ???? 

And probably filling them with Marijuana plants for their boss Mr Anutin!

Tourists will not be aware that untreated sewage is being pumped out inshore which will carry some deadly toxins . The local authorities will be aware of the dangers but are not concerned . Tourists should be warned by their respective governments of the dangers of swimming in the Thai seas .  Beaches used for popular swimming should have their waters tested regularly and the results clearly posted .  

22 hours ago, goloeilmanz said:

This is not true, Thailand is not a 2nd world nation. The term "2nd world" is no longer commonly used and referred to countries that were aligned with the Soviet Union during the Cold War. Thailand, on the other hand, is considered as a developing country

Correct.  Thailand is considered an upper-middle income.  Although income in some rural areas is likely lower, the income rates in bangkok are approaching upper upper income.  Anyone coming here should be aware of this and the budget implications.

On 12/14/2022 at 8:19 PM, ChrisY1 said:

One day Thailand will realise that sewage treatment plants actually work....one day they'll learn how to build them without massive corruption.

Pattaya has sewage treatment plants. But they don't run all of their street runoff into treatment plants. What do you think most beach side cities do with their street runoff ? Shoot it into outer space ? 

On 12/14/2022 at 10:29 PM, d4dang said:

Three years? It has been going on since 1984 when I first visited Paradise By The Sea and well before that.

The big myth that Pattaya has a uniquely dirty beach has indeed been going around since 1984. When is probably was dirty due to over expansion and under investment. And not just some street runoff that gets hysterically amplified on social media today.

They do test the water for ecoli and stuff. A pass is a pass. 

i swam in it before and will again. 

Edited by Harsh Jones
  • Haha 1

On 12/15/2022 at 3:09 PM, goloeilmanz said:

Thailand, on the other hand, is considered as a developing country

It's not developing very fast!  I've been here 18 years and the same stories crop up every year: floods; drought; police corruption; army coups; crooked politicians.  The only new scandal that has surfaced is the importation & naturalization of Chinese Triad members.