Filthy sewage going into the sea in Jomtien - it's been happening for THREE YEARS!

webfact

2 minutes ago, Boyn said:

Thats not Thai sewage , that sewage is coming from dirty tourists .

Staying at hotels and visiting restaurants owned by Thais.  Regulations, and building codes written & enforced, of not, by Thais.

This happens in Souther California as well.  When I worked the graveyard shift I would patrol the beach in Venice and often I could smell sewage coming from the drainage tunnels.  This was a frequent occurrence.  When it rained public works would claim the sewage system was overloaded and they had to relieve the pressure on the system and “some” sewage was released into the ocean.  

I have not going swimming into any ocean for over 25 years.  

4 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

I have been living in Pattaya for more than 20 years. I never went into this dirty water here. Not 1 time. And in Jomtien you have longer pipes going into the sea. They contain no drinking water... All the many people sitting on the beach. Where do they go to the toilet? And this not just to pee ????????????

Not only in Jomtien there are these pipes!

I live here now exactly 32 years and since then there is also in Pattaya ,at the "HIGH SO" Beach Wong Amat!

Sometimes a strong storm brings it to the surface!

And for years feces were pumped into the sea in Naklua!

• Like 1

No reason for the runoff of sewer waste? 

How about the government and the authorities bring too cheap to build sufficient waste water treatment plants? How about a population that professes to love their nation, yet stubbornly refuses to look after the water, the air and the land? Those seem like good reasons to me. 

• Like 1

I can honestly remember over at least 10 year this same problem. .

In the past they blocked up where it was coming until it forced its way through, then aboutv 5 years ago they bulldozed sand over this area, trying to hide it and that it would magically not reappear.

Unfortunately,  this is Thailand, and they not a clue how to effect long term repairs on anything!

9 hours ago, CM Dad said:

I have not visited a Thai beach in almost two decades.  If I someday decide I would like to go to the beach then I will go to Hawaii.  I have lived in Thailand for more than thirty years, but far from the beach, or Bangkok, and have no desire to visit either.

CM dad, as in Chang mai dad?

polluted beaches are not your thing?

but you have chosen to live in one of the most polluted cities in the world- air pollution!

you sure got your priorities straight!

????????????????‍♂️????????‍♂️

16 minutes ago, koele2 said:

Have you tried the three eyed fish they sell in pattaya?  It is so delicious!  I wonder why some Thai fish have three eyes?

The one in back is not an eye.....

And you can actually get it canned now. 

Image result for fish assholes

The government is waiting for all those Hi So millionaires we constantly hear about that are queuing at the airport to get into Thailand to pay for all the sewage treatment plants and then as if by magic the problem will be resolved.

One thing for sure, they have no intention of doing anything about it.