Anybody take TRT?

Nepal4me

I've seen it around advertised in some clinics here in Bangkok.

Not a recommendation but if you are in Bangkok I got a flyer handed to me recently by Medconsult who are now offering this service.

Have you thought about a wider wellness check-up ? Apart from general aging (sorry to say!), it could be a range of underlying issues.

Yes it is ,, made a big difference to me im 65  ,,, got my energy back , more active better sleep  and my libido also revived , But depends where u are ,shop around  as there are rip off pricing in some hospitals and clinics ,, i now pay 300 baht for genuine Bayer injections twice a month at present and but HOM Testocaps 40mg as well one a day .

2 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

Yes it is ,, made a big difference to me im 65  ,,, got my energy back , more active better sleep  and my libido also revived , But depends where u are ,shop around  as there are rip off pricing in some hospitals and clinics ,, i now pay 300 baht for genuine Bayer injections twice a month at present and but HOM Testocaps 40mg as well one a day .

Thats quite s high dose, and should not be a measure for others. A Very individual dosage I would say.

Go to a proper anti age center and learn, and do not go the easiest and cheapest way. A proper health check up is necessary to see if it can be other issues causing your matter.

Lifestyle, underlying health problems,, Good luck

• Like 1

TRT preferably a last resort. It's better to try less interventionist approaches first.

First is examine your lifestyle. Try to keep your waistline below 100cm and neck circumference below 40cm. Restrict alcohol intake, especially before bed. Don't smoke. Minimize work stress. Embark on an exercise program, it will get easier as you go.

Second, do a sleep study and check for sleep apnea, it's a major disrupter of hormonal function.

Then check for gluten intolerance. Conditions such as Celiacs disease are under diagnosed and lead to fatigue, similar to what you seem to be experiencing. 

Correct these if applicable and then re-check testosterone count before starting any TRT.     

It is not a magic solution to your problems, and if needed lifestyle improvement, then that is your first step while montering your hormones in the process. But it can be a kickstart for others tonchange their life and lifestyle. TRT works best with a healthy diet and healthy lifestyle. Exercise 

I have been for 6 years, and always used Bangkok Hospital Phuket or Bangkok. Bangkok clinic now is now have changed to BDMS Wellness clinic.

Reliable and sober when when they recommend Treatment. I buy my own Testosterone and not in the hospital pharmacy.

Also used Maximum in Pattaya for check ups, and same there, sober and good advises. 

Do it the proper way and invest in your future, and do not try and fail and try again. Most ordinary medical doctors do not know to much about hormones to guide you properly.

And do not use copy medicine, same for Thai official copy of Andriol 40mg, it should be gel caps.

https://www.bdmswellness.com/en

Edited by Hummin

TRT will help only to the extent that low T is the problem.

There are many other possible causes both physical and pyschological.

Have you had a comprehensive check up recently? If not start there and make sure it includes in addition to standard tests 

- thyroid panel (TSH, free T3/T4)

- Total and free testosterone

-PSA

If you have had a recent check up but it did not include the above tests then get just those tests done.

3 hours ago, Inala said:

TRT preferably a last resort. It's better to try less interventionist approaches first.

First is examine your lifestyle. Try to keep your waistline below 100cm and neck circumference below 40cm. Restrict alcohol intake, especially before bed. Don't smoke. Minimize work stress. Embark on an exercise program, it will get easier as you go.

Second, do a sleep study and check for sleep apnea, it's a major disrupter of hormonal function.

Then check for gluten intolerance. Conditions such as Celiacs disease are under diagnosed and lead to fatigue, similar to what you seem to be experiencing. 

Correct these if applicable and then re-check testosterone count before starting any TRT.     

Actually I'm really healthy, 6ft 170lbs, no fat.  Been eating keto for close to 10 years.  Drink in moderation, no smoking other than very small amount of weed.  Wife is 20 years younger and she works out 6 days a week.  Does Muay Thai and body building.  Married 20 years and she's still super sexy, we have 3 kids, who are awesome  Sex wise, no problem but not so often.  Im retired and wife doesnt work, financially comfortable.  I work out but not near the level I should be doing

But I am demotivated.  I shouldnt be but I am. 

20 minutes ago, Nepal4me said:

Actually I'm really healthy, 6ft 170lbs, no fat.  Been eating keto for close to 10 years.  Drink in moderation, no smoking other than very small amount of weed.  Wife is 20 years younger and she works out 6 days a week.  Does Muay Thai and body building.  Married 20 years and she's still super sexy, we have 3 kids, who are awesome  Sex wise, no problem but not so often.  Im retired and wife doesnt work, financially comfortable.  I work out but not near the level I should be doing

Again, there are many other possible causes for this other than low testosterone.

Hypothyroid, anemia, B12 deficiency to name but a few.

20 minutes ago, Nepal4me said:

Demotivated or depressed? 

Checked you vitamins? D, B12 and more? Yes it is possible to be vitamin d deficiency in Thailand to. 

It is ok to go to a proper check up all included around 9k baht, and not more expensive than any private lab around considering all tests done. Well worth the money to get a complete picture.