Johnny Mathis hit "Child is born" has its lyrics censored! Branded racist !

Social Media

38 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

Or how long you'll be able to have salt and pepper sitting on the table next to each other.

Or how long will it be before certain music will be banned. Not for any lyrics but for the music.

Music like Link Wray's instrumental hit 'Rumble' that was banned in 1958 for being too provocative.

Edited by bobandyson

4 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That's maybe because other people clicked in the story and the info is there , the headline in the link states that is two radio stations that have banned the song

Who nowadays actually listens to radio stations?!

Of course, this story is in essence inflammatory, click-bait, but then again: who nowadays reads newspapers?!

In the end, I try to insulate myself from the daily craziness out there by simply deciding to not myself be incensed by such a moronic story. I am sure it will add ten years to my life due to the avoidance of stress.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That's silly. 

Your yellow examples are not related to race.

What is silly about it?

Neither is yellow unless you want it to be related to race,

Most normal people would look at the Daily Wail clickbait, assuming that they could be bothered, and simply laugh at it,

Edited by billd766
added extra text

9 hours ago, jts-khorat said:

Who nowadays actually listens to radio stations?!

Of course, this story is in essence inflammatory, click-bait, but then again: who nowadays reads newspapers?!

In the end, I try to insulate myself from the daily craziness out there by simply deciding to not myself be incensed by such a moronic story. I am sure it will add ten years to my life due to the avoidance of stress.

Stereo Joya 92.7 Puebla MX

The Bruce Springsteen song, "Born in the USA" has the words....... "kill the yellow man" in reference to the Vietnam war I believe, so I would suppose that will be next.

So glad I am at the tail end of my life, because this nonsense along with other rubbish going on in the world is only going to get worse, so I won't be here to see it, thank goodness.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

What is silly about it?

Neither is yellow unless you want it to be related to race,

Most normal people would look at the Daily Wail clickbait, assuming that they could be bothered, and simply laugh at it,

You can pretend to not get the difference between yellow skin as a race characteristic and all your othrr category yellow references, but you aren't fooling anyone. 

People moaning about this very small censiorship story are wildly exaggerating the situation.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, xylophone said:

The Bruce Springsteen song, "Born in the USA" has the words....... "kill the yellow man" in reference to the Vietnam war I believe, so I would suppose that will be next.

So glad I am at the tail end of my life, because this nonsense along with other rubbish going on in the world is only going to get worse, so I won't be here to see it, thank goodness.

There is an antiwar context to that Springsteen song that would make censorship highly unlikely.

Also as I was discussing before in the US and we are talking about US songs referring to Asians as yellow may be a mild slur at most.

4 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Who likely was born in October.

Apparently , they moved his birthday to December to ' smother '  pagan celebrations of Saturnalia and the winter solstice , filching many of the associated customs for good measure.

https://www.history.com/topics/ancient-rome/saturnalia#:~:text=Saturnalia%2C held in mid-December,%2C feasting and gift-giving.

Just as the first churches in Britain  took over pagan sites of worship.

It was the same with Islam. Mohamed took all the pagan customs and rolled them all into his new religion. Great salesman he was. They bought it.

Edited by Denim
  • Like 1

So what if it offends you , don't listen to it and let the rest of those who it doesn't offend enjoy it.

This offends is getting ridiculous , if you don't like it don't listen / read or watch whatever it is that has upset you .

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You can pretend to not get the difference between yellow skin as a race characteristic and all your othrr category yellow references, but you aren't fooling anyone. 

People moaning about this very small censiorship story are wildly exaggerating the situation.  

Are you saying that the report is not correct?

I am not pretending anything.

The whole point is all about clickbait and the word yellow in one song.

There are many other songs with the same word "yellow" either in the lyrics or in the title and I gave many examples.

Why were they also not classed as racist?

If it is racist and offensive in one song then it must equally be so in every song with that word in it.

That the moaners and whiners have no said so proves to me and I think to the majority of people that the whole thing is male cow excretia and worthy of the Daily Wail. 

A newspaper in the loosest possible term, that if it were allowed, isn't fit even to wrap fish and chips in.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, billd766 said:

There are many other songs with the same word "yellow" either in the lyrics or in the title and I gave many examples.

If it is racist and offensive in one song then it must equally be so in every song with that word in it.

That the moaners and whiners have no said so proves to me and I think to the majority of people that the whole thing is male cow excretia and worthy of the Daily Wail. 

A newspaper in the loosest possible term, that if it were allowed, isn't fit even to wrap fish and chips in.

In this instance , the word "yellow" is a reference to a persons skin colour and is considered offensive to some people . 

No one gets offended by the colour of  submarine 

17 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

In this instance , the word "yellow" is a reference to a persons skin colour and is considered offensive to some people . 

No one gets offended by the colour of  submarine 

Good point. 

Can fair skinned people also get offended by being called white?

Or, if white skinned humans got offended by being refferd to as 'white', would that offend other colour skin people?  

And if the other coloured skinned people were offended by white skinned people being offended, would they be racist? 

What about if a white skinned humans  identified as a black, yellow, green or purple skinned human?  

My goodness...i just think humans in general are so stupid. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jak2002003 said:

Good point. 

Can fair skinned people also get offended by being called white?

Or, if white skinned humans got offended by being refferd to as 'white', would that offend other colour skin people?  

And if the other coloured skinned people were offended by white skinned people being offended, would they be racist? 

What about if a white skinned humans  identified as a black, yellow, green or purple skinned human?  

My goodness...i just think humans in general are so stupid. 

You can get offended by whatever you like , there are no specific rules .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Tripling down on the silliness. 

I can't believe you don’t understand that yellow used to describe human skin color is about race (or hepatitis) but used to describe objects are completely different usages.

Of course yellow is also used to indicate a person is a coward which you can tell by the context.

23 hours ago, mikebike said:

Not one comment questioning the veracity of the story? Which stations? How many stations?...

At least two radio stations: Heart FM and Magic Radio

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11546049/amp/Radio-stations-censor-Johnny-Mathis-Christmas-classic-Child-Born-racist-lyrics.html

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

yellow used to describe human skin color is about race

what about a yellow belied sap sucker? 

What is that anyway?

ok - just looked it up.. it's a bird but when I was a kid 2500 years ago - being yellow was cowardice... then there was Noel Cowardice - does that fit into your discussion anywhere? 

Just trying to help

1 hour ago, StreetCowboy said:

Some people have nothing better to do with their lives than look for examples of political correctness over which to be outraged.

It is how they reinforce their prejudices and build up their own self-image.

You don't need a magnet to see the irony of it.

SC  

It is human behavior, such as you mention, that reminds me of the Mayor of Casterbridge.

(such irony)

Edited by GammaGlobulin