Johnny Mathis hit "Child is born" has its lyrics censored! Branded racist !

Social Media

Why is the world going to rack and ruin, as you intimate?

Because, nobody reads books, at the junior-high-school level, and, at least, they do not read the likes of Thomas Hardy or Dostoevsky.

This is why youngsters have no perspective.

They have no idea what PC might be.

No perspective by which to judge almost anything.

Most young people, today, are unable to distinguish a mores from a smore....

They don't know how to pronounce the word "mores"; after stuffing their faces with smores.

image.jpeg.6db74e9b706081ce4428127bd9783ffd.jpeg

In fact:  We are now witnessing an almost total resurgence of the past "Hippie Generation" Thought, meaning that the core thinking of generations today is almost completely bereft of any association with reality.

Years ago, this same Anti-Reality Thought took the world by storm.

It was called Flower Power:

On 12/17/2022 at 5:44 PM, Smokey and the Bandit said:

A while back 'Baby its cold outside' was banned in some places because some of the #metoo movement though it was offensive and manipulative?

Now this? Why do people listen to these crackpots? Folks have become over sensitive and get offended by the slightest whim. Do they sit down on purpose to find anything that is offensive with anything?

"Do they sit down on purpose to find anything that is offensive with anything?"

I remember a few years ago in the UK when Nativity plays were banned in many schools in England because they "might offend" Muslims, and I remember thinking "Hang on -whose country is it? And is it not a Christian country?"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sambum said:

"Do they sit down on purpose to find anything that is offensive with anything?"

I remember a few years ago in the UK when Nativity plays were banned in many schools in England because they "might offend" Muslims, and I remember thinking "Hang on -whose country is it? And is it not a Christian country?"

Although Nativity plays were not banned in the U.K .

19 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

They were not banned in any Schools , although some schools stopped doing them because the teachers couldn't be bothered and nothing to do with offending Muslims 

"....................the teachers couldn't be bothered and nothing to do with offending Muslims"

We'll have to agree to differ on that one! I had a wife (now ex) who was a teacher and her version was a bit different to yours!

On 12/20/2022 at 10:50 AM, sambum said:

"....................the teachers couldn't be bothered and nothing to do with offending Muslims"

We'll have to agree to differ on that one! I had a wife (now ex) who was a teacher and her version was a bit different to yours!

Here is proof that Nativity plays aren't banned in the U.K.

Although the woman in this story was banned from attending her kids nativity pay because of her tattoos

Melissa Sloan claims she was turned away from her kid's nativity play because of her face tattoos

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/20815218/banned-kids-nativity-play-face-tattoos/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunmainfacebook&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1o0BpIbjb3oQZBz-XZVlUajxgbMYlb-H3yB8jqrfLcjPjswMHep0VRWLs#Echobox=1671568738

Edited by Mac Mickmanus

5 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Here is proof that Nativity plays aren't banned in the U.K.

Although the woman in this story was banned from attending her kids nativity pay because of her tattoos

Melissa Sloan claims she was turned away from her kid's nativity play because of her face tattoos

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/20815218/banned-kids-nativity-play-face-tattoos/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunmainfacebook&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1o0BpIbjb3oQZBz-XZVlUajxgbMYlb-H3yB8jqrfLcjPjswMHep0VRWLs#Echobox=1671568738

The way things are appearing to go I think they should have INVITED her because of her tattoos! 

Apparently now in some cases, the members of the "cast" include Elvis Presley!

So, the nativity plays weren't banned, just changed out of all recognition by people trying to make them "Winter Plays" (or whatever other name they decide to call them) e.g. :-

Schools are being put under pressure to update the story of Christmas and Jesus Christ. An ever-growing multinational and multi-religious nation is creating the demand for religious characters to be removed from the nativity story and new, more recognisable characters, such as spacemen and Elvis Presley, to be thrown into the mix.

Let's face it, "Nativity Plays" as they were are now no longer accepted as a part of British culture because of the fear that they might be upsetting a minority of the population.

Personally, I am not religious, but the Nativity Play was part of my childhood, and "in my day"  from my experience, young children all wanted to be part of the "Cast" e.g. Mary, Joseph, Innkeeper, 3 Wise Men etc. So in the latest scenarios, who is Elvis supposed to represent - Joseph?

As stated previously, my ex wife was a teacher, and part of her responsibilities was teaching religion. She taught it as a story, and left it it up to the kids to decide for themselves whether it was true or not.

The Nativity Play is a story, and IMHO should be left as it has always been (in my lifetime at least)  a story that gives a lot of enjoyment to children and parents alike.

What next? Replacing Santa Claus with  Boris Johnson - or even Putin or Trump?