Thai immigration arrest foreign language teacher - she's blacklisted from Thailand for 5 years

webfact

On 12/19/2022 at 10:33 AM, bangon04 said:

There will always be plenty of Filipino teachers - cheaper , medium skills in English American and world class skills in overstaying visas and illegal working.

Actually the experts in overstaying visas and working illegally that I see on here are almost exclusively white Westerners NOT Filipinos,so I guess yours is really just a thinly-veiled racist comment?

22 hours ago, SunsetT said:

This is exactly the way that the Thai 'powers that be' want it. Without English Thais cannot learn about the outside World so the majority are more easily controlled, manipulated, and exploited for cheap labour.

This is why they ousted Thaksin Shinawatra he wanted to educate the poor,teach them all English and give the kids tablets in all schools the elite want them stupid and servile?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Cameroonians seemed to be popular at our daughter's private school in Issan as well.  I must say there English is very good.   However the school has had to return to Thais teaching English and there English is not so good. 

‘Their’ English was probably considerably better than yours I’ll wager?

• Haha 2

On 12/19/2022 at 9:17 AM, brianthainess said:

Just out of curiosity what language was she

teaching ? my guess is English not Swahili, should pay her to stay, going by the way  English teachers here are mostly useless. 

The only people that should be teaching English are individuals who are first language English. or truly bi-lingual with English as a joint first language.  Nobody else is qualified to teach the language, bar none.  However, lets be truthful here, many first language English teachers here can't teach it either.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sexpat Santa said:

Actually the experts in overstaying visas and working illegally that I see on here are almost exclusively white Westerners NOT Filipinos,so I guess yours is really just a thinly-veiled racist comment?

you can "guess" all you want, unless you read it carefully and understand the words "world-class". 

On 12/18/2022 at 9:45 PM, HappyExpat57 said:

My personal observation is Thai English teachers have a remarkable understanding of English grammar - much better than most native speakers. Their spoken, unfortunately, is not good at all.

I had a Thai language teacher like that when I was stationed at a military base in Thailand 1972-1973.    She had 4 years of English language in Thailand and continued for, I think, 8 years in the U.S of A. for a masters degree in English language.   She still had a Thai accent.  

As opposed to a young woman I spoke with for a few minutes when I was taking a Thai language class at Chulalakorn University 4 or 5 years ago.   I thought she was an American of Thai decent due to her accent, which was the same as my brothers Arkansas accent.   

After I asked what southern state, in the U.S. of A. she was from, she told me she had never been outside of Thailand.  Her English language teacher was from Arkansas. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...