Any time limit on transferring stamps from new passport from old?

I have 30 days only to pick up my passport I know, but I need to know there isn't some immigration rule like "must transfer stamps within 7 days of new passport issued" or do I have until old passport expires. Right now it is difficult for me to leave the house for long periods but it makes sense to pick up new passport well within 30 day limit - I just need to know I don't activate a "within X days clause" as I am not up to a trip to CW right now.

Additional question: Presumably I can do my 90 day report due online within the period between pick up new passport and transfer stamps without falling foul of any regulations?

Don't want a situation where the IO looks at my New passport issuance date and a 90 day report date after that on old passport number and says makes 80 day on old PP invalid - a missed 90 day also triggers the requirement for a new TM30.

Vital I line my ducks up as any problems especially having to leave the country and re enter are serious problems right now.

Edited by mokwit

One more: Any hidden "gotchas" with having old passport invalidated by corner cut off while stamps not yet transferred to new. e.g. a hospital admission might be difficult if I can't make admissions staff accept valid visa old passport but ID is now new passport. Same with doing things at banks - like get account balance letter for extension.

9 minutes ago, mokwit said:

One more: Any hidden "gotchas" with having old passport invalidated by corner cut off while stamps not yet transferred to new. e.g. a hospital admission might be difficult if I can't make admissions staff accept valid visa old passport but ID is now new passport. Same with doing things at banks - like get account balance letter for extension.

When I got issued a new British passport here, no one cut the corner off the old one.

• Thanks 1

Last year an IO at CW said they prefer to do the stamp changing to new PP at extension time if you are staying in Thailand, and said if you are leaving the country they would make the stamp change to new PP before you leave......

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, kidneyw said:

When I got issued a new British passport here, no one cut the corner off the old one.

Renewed my UK passport in March 2021, two actually and both were 'live' at the time. Downsized to only one at that time. Both old ones had the corner snipped. Seems that YMMV!!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PPGuy said:

Renewed my UK passport in March 2021, two actually and both were 'live' at the time. Downsized to only one at that time. Both old ones had the corner snipped. Seems that YMMV!!

Both times I renewed my passport the old ones had the corner snipped.

I've never heard of it not being done, but maybe they only snip if the old passport still has remaining validity (both mine were renewed way in advance of the supposed renewal date)?

4 hours ago, PPGuy said:

At Trendy, where they issued my new passport, they did not take my old passport and cut the corner off. They did not touch it. 

2 hours ago, JayClay said:
4 hours ago, PPGuy said:

Both times I renewed my passport the old ones had the corner snipped.

I've never heard of it not being done, but maybe they only snip if the old passport still has remaining validity (both mine were renewed way in advance of the supposed renewal date)?

My old passport had not expired, but was full. At Trendy they did not ask me to hand it over for them to cut the corner off. (I had two valid UK passports at the time, the renewed one made three).