Immigration officer stamped wrong date into the visa

15 hours ago, CMBob said:

Seems to me that your option #2 isn't wise at all given the chance the OP is held responsible for the IO's mistake.  But also am wondering if a third option (as mentioned by another poster) wouldn't be fairly safe:  Just treat it as if 90 days was given and simply do the regular border bounce within that time limit (trusting that the next immigration officer upon re-entry will not make the same mistake). 

i think that will work too.

6 hours ago, problemfarang said:

you are aware that he got the wrong stamp at his entry point

Yes I am.

However the person getting the stamp is responsible for its correctness, I also know that the vast majority of immigration offices will not correct it and direct him to the issuing entry point, he can try but is unlikely to get it corrected by anyone else.

So as been pointed out there are only two real options.

1) go back to the entry point and ask for a correction.

2) exit Thailand before the correct time has expired.

The second option is safe as leaving during the valid (not stamped) stay time is never a problem.

@problemfarang you and I are not suggesting all the same options and most of the ones you suggest are either unlikely to work despite your statement 

On 12/19/2022 at 10:19 PM, problemfarang said:

There is a very very little chance they wil ltell you to go to the IO where you entered and get them fix it.

Or for the other advice 

On 12/19/2022 at 10:19 PM, problemfarang said:

2) stay for 7 months and exit from the same place you entered. 

Could well produce a 20,000 fine and a ban for 1 year

Edited by sometimewoodworker

2 hours ago, snairb said:

back from ud immigration with new date March 19 

I don't understand...if you have a ME Non O then and entered Nov 24. 

"Your starting date is November 24, 2022 so that means that 90 days later would be February 22, 2023.Nov 24, 2565 BE"

In any event you have attended immigration and received a stamp. 

On 12/19/2022 at 11:42 AM, ukrules said:

If immigration make a mistake then believe it or not it is your responsibility to get it corrected.

Yes, exactly same-same happened to one dude. He was stupid enough he was just "lucky".

• 1 year later...

Hey there, similar problem here. I just checked my 7days extension stamp and it says 30 feb (great date) instead of jan. If i leave on 30 jan (after 60 + 7 days), it should be fine, you think? Or can I even push it further to 90days?

Thanks for any advice!

Pete

8 minutes ago, petewall said:

Hey there, similar problem here. I just checked my 7days extension stamp and it says 30 feb (great date) instead of jan. If i leave on 30 jan (after 60 + 7 days), it should be fine, you think? Or can I even push it further to 90days?

Thanks for any advice!

Pete

It is on you to leave on the correct date, if you are near your local immigration, I'd go and get them to fix it.

Otherwise, so long as you leave before the correct date (30 Jan) you'll be fine.

I would definitely NOT attempt to stretch to the "30th Feb".