Any UOB SCB foreigner friendly branch in bangkok?

Looking to open a SCB or a UOB account in bangkok, been to 8 branches and i keep getting rejected. 
My friend who managed to open a SCB account on a TR visa at ekkamai, branch does not exist anymore.
Citibank along sukhumvit allows to open a account but with 1m deposit, but they have already sold themselves to UOB ????

I do have 

-Embassy letter

-Rental contract

-APEC visa

-Thailand company with my name (No work permit) 

• Like 1

Do you have a company registration document from the department of business development? I have been reading the requirements for business owners to open accounts at KBANK and this document is mentioned. It may be the same at SCB, even if the staff are unaware at individual branches. 

19 minutes ago, Everyman said:

Do you have a company registration document from the department of business development? I have been reading the requirements for business owners to open accounts at KBANK and this document is mentioned. It may be the same at SCB, even if the staff are unaware at individual branches. 

I have a kbank account but their credit cards doesnt interest me so im planning to switch to SCB or UOB. 
For kasikorn i think you need a long term visa in order to open at any branch. My company is 51% thai owned so i'm only a shareholder... 

13 minutes ago, petedk said:

I find nearly all SCB and UOB banks foreigner friendly. Never have any problems.

Try calling SCB call center and ask  for advice

Wow really? in bangkok area? i have been rejected around 6 times from all big scb branches located in shopping malls. 
I have friends saying maybe tourist area shopping malls like siam paragon might work, i have not tried yet

Edited by TheJoker999
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheJoker999 said:

Wow really? in bangkok area? i have been rejected around 6 times from all big scb branches located in shopping malls. 
I have friends saying maybe tourist area shopping malls like siam paragon might work, i have not tried yet

I have been rejected from 12 SCB branches in 5 different provinces over the course of a year. They usually tell me I need a work permit. One said I need a year visa.

20 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Try the SCB in EmQuartier. They will probably want to send your application off somewhere for approval, but I know a couple of people who've opened one there without a work permit.

Thank you for the advice! will head there tomorrow and try and ill update over here again !

• Like 2

On 12/19/2022 at 8:45 PM, Polar Bear said:

Try the SCB in EmQuartier. They will probably want to send your application off somewhere for approval, but I know a couple of people who've opened one there without a work permit.

SCB doesnt work anymore, only bangkok bank works with tourist visa with the right documents. Tried all other banks, require work permit or at least a non-o visa

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Sorry it didn't work out for you. Were you able to open an account with BB?

Yes i think BBL is the easiest to open since its also stated on their website that people on tourist visa are allowed to open accounts.
Just based on personal preference i dont quite like BBL ???? but oh well! 
On a side note, BBL always have staff who is fluent in english thats one of their positive points.

Edited by TheJoker999
  • Like 1