Visa agent in Bangkok for processing 30-day extensions?

I'm a US citizen.  I did a border run to Cambodia last month and have a 45-day stamp that will expire on 2 Jan 2023.  Is there a visa agent in Bangkok that can process the 30-day extension for me?  I tried using Thai Visa Centre but they told me that their quota is full until next year.  Thanks for any information.

Thai Visa Centre might be a victim of their own success. When a friend of mine asked them about this extension service about a month ago, they told him it would take 1-2 weeks. What tourist can give away their passport to an agent for 1-2 weeks? They need it for hotels, domestic flights, money exchange etc. 

OP, nothing wrong with using an agent however obtaining a 30 day extension is very straight forward.

Do you have a TM30 as that may be asked for. 

Might be better option to do it yourself.

Be aware that since you entered visa exempt you would obtain the 30 extension at IT Mall Laksi.

Very close to red line. 

Edited by DrJack54

43 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, nothing wrong with using an agent however obtaining a 30 day extension is very straight forward.

Do you have a TM30 as that may be asked for. 

Might be better option to do it yourself.

Be aware that since you entered visa exempt you would obtain the 30 extension at IT Mall Laksi.

Very close to red line. 

Well, I've injured my foot and can only walk very slowly right now.  Realistically I'd be taking a taxi to Laksi and back from the Sukhumwit area, which is around half the extra cost of using an agent (Thai Visa Centre was quoting 3,500 baht to do the extension).

How busy is Laksi right now?  I'd hate to go all the way up there only to be told to come back the next day or something like that.

I have the TM30 and have done Covid extensions at Laksi as well as ordinary 30-day extensions at CW in the past (pre-Covid).

9 minutes ago, anymajordude said:

Well, I've injured my foot and can only walk very slowly right now.  Realistically I'd be taking a taxi to Laksi and back from the Sukhumwit area, which is around half the extra cost of using an agent (Thai Visa Centre was quoting 3,500 baht to do the extension).

How busy is Laksi right now?  I'd hate to go all the way up there only to be told to come back the next day or something like that.

I have the TM30 and have done Covid extensions at Laksi as well as ordinary 30-day extensions at CW in the past (pre-Covid).

that have an online appointment system now...

https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/[email protected]/bookings/

that page was accessed via:

https://www.immigration.go.th/?page_id=20131

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, anymajordude said:

Well, I've injured my foot and can only walk very slowly right now

Understand.

Not long ago I did my annual extension at CW with banged up hip.

Taxi both ways and having an appointment (see link in previous post) .

Could be best option .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Understand.

Not long ago I did my annual extension at CW with banged up hip.

Taxi both ways and having an appointment (see link in previous post) .

Could be best option .

With an appointment I suppose it could work.  This might be what I end up doing.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

Thai Visa Centre might be a victim of their own success. When a friend of mine asked them about this extension service about a month ago, they told him it would take 1-2 weeks. What tourist can give away their passport to an agent for 1-2 weeks? They need it for hotels, domestic flights, money exchange etc. 

A couple months ago I used TVC as was told the same , 1-2 weeks. Handed in passport Monday afternoon and they called Wednesday afternoon to pick up passport with visa and extension.

Very happy customer

Doubt you want to go to Krabi for Visa extension, however its the easiest Iv ever done.  2000 thb, they fill out the TM7 for you, take the photos for you  and you are out of there in ten to fifteen minutes.  Go before 09:30, wear long pants and shirt.

Edited by NORDO
big finger, little keyboard.

5 hours ago, ian carman said:

I am trying to plan my trip next year and by then it will probably be 30 day VOA .How early can I get a 30 day marriage to Thai extension,as I am going on a 500 mile visit to mother in law and need to plan where I should be 

I assume you mean visa exempt entry 30 days.

You can obtain a standard 30 day extension or if married to a Thai can obtain a 60 day extension to visa Thai spouse. 

You could apply for extension virtually straight away.

Couple of weeks prior to expiry of your 30 day visa exempt entry stamp is common. 

Edited by DrJack54

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I assume you mean visa exempt entry 30 days.

You can obtain a standard 30 day extension or if married to a Thai can obtain a 60 day extension to visa Thai spouse. 

You could apply for extension virtually straight away.

Couple of weeks prior to expiry of your 30 day visa exempt entry stamp is common. 

Thanks for the info .I am traveling about 500 miles north of my home so wanted to do the extension in my hometown before I leave so it looks as if I can have a couple of weeks in home and do extension before I leave.Many thanks 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/20/2022 at 12:36 PM, Caldera said:

Never had a problem with them. The quoted duration could well be the immigration not the agent.

1 hour ago, Photoguy21 said:

Never had a problem with them. The quoted duration could well be the immigration not the agent.

Yeah I get that. For longterm extensions (e.g. retirement), I think that processing time is fine. But for tourists on the move who need their passport on a regular basis, it's too long.

@ozfarangreported that it was actually done much quicker than expected, but I wonder what you do if it really takes 2 weeks. Just sit around in Bangkok until the passport comes back? That can ruin a holiday, spending half a day at immigration looks like the lesser evil.

17 hours ago, Caldera said:

Yeah I get that. For longterm extensions (e.g. retirement), I think that processing time is fine. But for tourists on the move who need their passport on a regular basis, it's too long.

@ozfarangreported that it was actually done much quicker than expected, but I wonder what you do if it really takes 2 weeks. Just sit around in Bangkok until the passport comes back? That can ruin a holiday, spending half a day at immigration looks like the lesser evil.

No not if it took 2 weeks but having said that it would depend as to the reason the passport was in IO to start with.

1 hour ago, Photoguy21 said:

No not if it took 2 weeks but having said that it would depend as to the reason the passport was in IO to start with.

This thread is about the 30 day extension for tourists (visa exempt or tourist visa entries), and Thai Visa Centre advised my friend that it would take 1-2 weeks, hence my comments here. 

1 minute ago, Photoguy21 said:

Certainly not easy for him but by far the quickest way to do it

Yes I also suggested make appointment and that is something that at CW at least works a treat.

He will attend Laksi. Haven't read reports of how well it's working there.

I just went up there myself and did it yesterday.  Cabbed it there and took the metro back (I'm limping a little faster now).

I actually made an online appointment for 2:30 PM, but since I was there with everything filled out at 1:45 PM, they told me that it would just be quicker to go through the ordinary queue than to wait for my appointment time.  I think I had my passport back with the stamp at around 2:20 PM.  Pretty fast and simple.

Also, for anyone thinking of doing the online appointment, they want you to have it printed out, although there are shops right there that can print it for you.