British Passport Renewal Timing Improved

14 minutes ago, surat04 said:

Can anyone help me out with a question regarding payment. If my daughter takes her own application to Trendy but my payment details are used, will she be asked to show my card?

No.

The card transaction is undertaken by HMPO. Just put your card details on the payment form - and sign it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, surat04 said:

Can anyone help me out with a question regarding payment. If my daughter takes her own application to Trendy but my payment details are used, will she be asked to show my card?

The passport IS NOT paid for at Trendy, you fill in a payment form with credit card details.

A cover note explaining and should be no issue. They will confirm this on submission at Trendy.

8 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

The passport IS NOT paid for at Trendy, you fill in a payment form with credit card details.

A cover note explaining and should be no issue. They will confirm this on submission at Trendy.

No explanation needed. The payment authority is standalone and anyone can pay.....agents like Key Visa often offer to use their card.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

One can only hope that the recent improvement in time is not just a case of HMPO clearing the decks before Christmas and New Year but will continue in 2023 and hopefully get back to the 3/4 weeks it was pre-Covid.

I strongly suspect that the big unknown in the short term at least is the possible impact of the current Civil Service strikes. To the best of my knowledge HMPO staff are not at the moment being specifically targeted in the way that their Border Force colleagues are being for instance, but that could all change in the New Year should the PCS union decide to ramp up its action - with consequential adverse implications for passport processing times.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, surat04 said:

As already said, the answer is "no". However, if yours is a Thai credit card you would be strongly advised to check with its issuer whether it will be valid for a GBP payment taken in the UK.

5 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

I think it is the so called law that the police make upon the spot when they demand to see farang ID, and then release you of 500baht for not having your passport with you

I agree that it is necessary to be able to show ID........but that does not need to be a passport.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Hopefully can slip a question in regards Australian pp renewal.

Any recent reports of long that takes?

Oz folk deal their embassy for renewal. 

Yes off topic but advice appreciated. 

Between 6 and 8 weeks. (but with holidays looming it may take longer imo) If you have it posted back to you your current PP is cancelled IE front cover cut, (you can't travel outside Thailand) but all 'visas/extensions' remain valid until end of PP. Anyone can pick up the new PP with a letter from you and their ID.

1726195965_IMG_20220809_142014(2).thumb.jpg.4f58124f9d497f72f4a9be255cb7ef9b.jpg

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

I agree that it is necessary to be able to show ID........but that does not need to be a passport.

You need to show your visa/extension if requested, ID alone is no good, but photos on your phone are excepted.

Edited by brianthainess
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

You need to show your visa/extension if requested, ID alone is no good, but photos on your phone are excepted.

The police don't actually have the right to check your immigration status - that is the role of Immigration. But  -  I am not going to argue with them if asked (I never have been in 17 years) and I always carry a copy of my passport ID page plus last extension stamps.

1 minute ago, hotandsticky said:

The police don't actually have the right to check your immigration status - that is the role of Immigration. But  -  I am not going to argue with them if asked (I never have been in 17 years) and I always carry a copy of my passport ID page plus last extension stamps.

Immigration are the police. just saying.

• Like 1