Has the cost of cleaning gone up ? Any freelance maids available ?

thairookie

I have noticed that the cleaning fees by maids in Pattaya have gone up.  Yes, I can see why if you are using cleaning companies to do the job.  They come in a group, and transport costs have to be factored in etc.

But maids in your own condo ?

If you have been using the services of a reliable freelance maid to do the job, I would appreciate greatly if you could share her contact.  I'm in Pratumnak.

Thank you.

Edited by thairookie

There is actually a shortage for that type of labor going on.  Hotels and restaurants are paying increasingly higher wages and clamoring for the government to allow more Myanmar and Cambodian workers to enter the workforce.  

Most referrals on Pattaya Facebook groups are minimum B500/day though more frequently it's by unit size: Studios under 40 s/m, B500, up from there.  

A friend found a cleaner by asking one of his buildings maintenance staff for a referral, still costs him B500 for about 5 hours work. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, dddave said:

Most referrals on Pattaya Facebook groups are minimum B500/day though more frequently it's by unit size: Studios under 40 s/m, B500, up from there.  

A friend found a cleaner by asking one of his buildings maintenance staff for a referral, still costs him B500 for about 5 hours work. 

B500 for about 5 hours work is very cheap.  The maids in our condo are charging 700 baht for a room size of less than 70 sqm, which takes less than 90 minutes to clean.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, thairookie said:

B500 for about 5 hours work is very cheap.  The maids in our condo are charging 700 baht for a room size of less than 70 sqm, which takes less than 90 minutes to clean.

I was actually wrong, 3 hours work, not 5.  Still, a bargain, especially when you consider she does his laundry.  

• Thumbs Up 2