Scuba Diving in Pattaya

Eddie45

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've not dived Pattaya but i would just go to Koh Tao, subject to weather, vis can get poor this time of year

My plan is to head to Koh Tao when I have a 5-7 days free but wanted to do some dives around Pattaya at the weekend if there was some decent dive sites.

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've not dived Pattaya but i would just go to Koh Tao, subject to weather, vis can get poor this time of year

So why are you commenting?

Sattahip which is close has a few dive sites where lots of the local shops arrange trips.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Because there's a reason most divers go to koh tao or Similan

scubascuba3, I know you said you havent dived in Pattaya but from the feedback you have got from people who have dived there. Is it a waste of time and better to just wait until I get to Koh Tao or Similian Islands.

8 hours ago, Eddie45 said:

scubascuba3, I know you said you havent dived in Pattaya but from the feedback you have got from people who have dived there. Is it a waste of time and better to just wait until I get to Koh Tao or Similian Islands.

Sounds like you might as well dive here if you are staying for a while, diving is fun anywhere

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 12/22/2022 at 6:51 PM, NickyLouie said:

So why are you commenting?

Sattahip which is close has a few dive sites where lots of the local shops arrange trips.

Don't think anyone needs experience to know, Patts diving is probably krap.

I personally wouldn't even bother with Tao, as yet to see a vid that would encourage me to go there.  The Gulf is extremely iffy, vis wise, most days.

Looks like an old thread.  In 2016 I popped over to Thailand for my first trip and planned to dive and Pattaya.  I took a boat trip out.  Vis was poor, no fish life or colorful coral.  But I returned for the women.  In later trips I dove koh phi phi, and on a boat trip from Phuket.  Vis was poor, fish life low, ugly reefs.  I saw parts of the coral broken off by nets dragged a dozen meters out into the sand.  In fact I could see many net drags as if each night fishermen drop as close to the reefs as possible and drag out into the sand.   As a person who has dove most everything at Cozumel in the 80's and lots of Caribbean dive trips I think only the Similan mounts would interest me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Don't think anyone needs experience to know, Patts diving is probably krap.

I personally wouldn't even bother with Tao, as yet to see a vid that would encourage me to go there.  The Gulf is extremely iffy, vis wise, most days.

Koh Tao is good, lots of fun to be had there. As for vis, of course go when the visibility is usually good, not when usually bad 

• Thumbs Up 1