Single re-entry question regarding 90 day reactivation and recent annual extension with no new slip

8 minutes ago, CMBob said:

Yep, I did.  For the record, which Immigration Office?

Nongkhai, Got to say,  all very friendly by them. just a lot of paper work at that office. but all ok. :jap:

It was a new one on me, never had that before, and was no problem just unexpected. 

Ps, the original 90 day report that was rounded down,  to extension date, was done online,  just incase anyone asks. :jap:

Edited by Orinoco
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks, Orinoco, for filling in the details.  Neither option #1 or #2 apply at Chiangmai Immigration, the extension dates and 90-day address report dates are totally independent; however, even in Chiangmai, Immigration will provide a new 90-day report date when/if you convert from exempt or tourist visa to a Non-O. 

• Thumbs Up 1

There can be a different due date for your 90-day report if your immigration office gives it to you.   This happens when I file by mail 15 days before the due date.  Otherwise, the 90-day report is due on the ninetieth day after you enter the country.  These dates have no relation to TM 30s or period of stay renewal dates.   I have always mailed in my 90-day reports and have never had a problem.   Some people don't like doing the paperwork but it always works whereas the online reporting sometimes doesn't work for a variety of reasons.  90-day reports should be mailed not later than fifteen days before the report is due.   I will be getting a new passport next year so I will go to report my 90 days in-country in person and have my stamps transferred to my new passport at the same time.   After that I'll go back to mail-ins.

Of course, if you are over 5 days late in submitting your 90-day report, you must go in person and pay your 2,000 baht fine.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

Otherwise, the 90-day report is due on the ninetieth day after you enter the country.  These dates have no relation to TM 30s or period of stay renewal dates.  

if you are over 5 days late in submitting your 90-day report, you must go in person and pay your 2,000 baht fine.

Point 1,  Again one size does not fit all.

Point 2 Thought it was 7 days ?

1 hour ago, CMBob said:

You still are not getting it entirely.  90-day address reporting and extensions have nothing to do with each other.  The only time they may have some relationship is if your particular Immigration Office happens to provide a new 90-day report date at the time you get an extension.  Other than that possible connection, there's zero relationship between the two.

I do get it, it might be stretching it, but without an extension, you have no 90 days, am I technically correct ?

50 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I do get it, it might be stretching it, but without an extension, you have no 90 days, am I technically correct ?

When someone enters Thailand with a Non-OA Visa during the visa's validity period they receive permission to stay for one year.  Yet, they must file a 90-Day Report every 90 consecutive days they are in Thailand.  They don't have an extension of stay, just the permission to stay granted upon entry to the country.  That visa is an exception perhaps as it's true that aside from that someone filing 90-Day Reports is likely to be on a year long extension of stay.

• Like 1

Obviously, if you have no permission to stay in the kingdom, you have no days to report.   It's only with a valid permission to stay that you must report your presence in the kingdom every ninety days.

I dont know why you are worried but I hope this helps. I did a 90 day report online on 25 March 22 and left Thailand on 20 May 22. I received a notification about my 90 day report that I ignored. I returned to Thailand on Oct 6 22 and did my report online last Monday 19 Dec 22. I recived the accepted report the next day on 20 Dec 22 with a note to report again 19 March 23.

You will be fine stop worrying

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jimn said:

I dont know why you are worried but I hope this helps. I did a 90 day report online on 25 March 22 and left Thailand on 20 May 22. I received a notification about my 90 day report that I ignored. I returned to Thailand on Oct 6 22 and did my report online last Monday 19 Dec 22. I recived the accepted report the next day on 20 Dec 22 with a note to report again 19 March 23.

You will be fine stop worrying

Not worried at all, just like to cross my T's and dot my i's when I come to a road that I haven't been down before.

My father used to say to me, son, the more organised you are in life, the easier life will be, and that has proven to be true to this day.

As for worrying, with the office I attend every year, I have to admit, I do worry because these bozzo's keep changing things every year so I walk in with a stack of paperwork and how them I too can pull a rabbit out of a hat, much to their surprise, the latest only a few days ago being copy of all bank book pages, i.e. back to 2016 to which I pulled out of my hat.

Thanks for you input, it does help and I will give it a go online on the 12th January 2023 and hopefully it gets me another 90 days, that or take the hour 20 drive, because I won't take choice number 2 provided by IO, i.e. I can go on 1 March 2023 and get one, not important he said, my pen rye.

The above said I won't leave a gap from 25 January to 1 March without a 90 day slip, that to me is just wrong, so yes I suppose I do worry, can't help that when the information doesn't sound right coming from the horses mouth.

1st choice was to apply online on the 25th of January (end of the new 90 days from the single re-entry permit date being the 28th October 2022) or 15 days prior or 7 days after.

Its so dam simple! and you all are making it confusing
Your 90 day resets the day you enter Thailand regardless of anything else>
so count 90 days from the date you enter<
go online 14 days BEFORE, ( i found 15 days never works)  the 90 days is up and submit info!!  You Can NOT do it AFTER the 89th day, (  7 days AFTER)
OR go to immigration between 15 days before up to 7 days after

Edited by zzzzz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zzzzz said:

Its so dam simple! and you all are making it confusing
Your 90 day resets the day you enter Thailand regardless of anything else>
so count 90 days from the date you enter<
go online 14 days BEFORE, ( i found 15 days never works)  the 90 days is up and submit info!!  You Can NOT do it AFTER the 89th day, (  7 days AFTER)
OR go to immigration between 15 days before up to 7 days after

So what your saying is that as I re-entered the country on the 28th of October 2022, I should go online on the 11th of January 2023, that date being 14 days before the 25th January 2023 which would be 90 days. 

The above said, if I tried it on the 12th which is what I set my reminder for, it wouldn't work ? 

I always thought you could renew your 90 days 15 days before the 90 days or 7 days after the 90 days is up, and 45 days before your annual extension is due, but that is another matter.

22 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

1st choice was to apply online on the 25th of January (end of the new 90 days from the single re-entry permit date being the 28th October 2022) or 15 days prior or 7 days after.

Well, that's misinformation for a start!

If you re-entered 28th Oct 2022, your next 90-day report is due Jan 25th 2023 - correct.

However, if you're submitting it online, the window is 14 days prior to the due date, up to the due date.
It's only 6 days after the due date if doing it in person.

The first date you can apply online is Wednesday Jan 11th, but my guess is it won't recognise that date, and you'll have to do it in person.

23 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Because we arrived back in our village on Saturday the 29th October and went to immigration on Monday the 31st for my wife, who is the holder of the blue book, to advise them that I was back from overseas, they updated the information into the system, that said, because I also applied for my extension, the system was also updated to reflect when I returned to Thailand, i.e. the 28th October.

There is now no requirement to refile a new TM30 if returning to the same registered address from a holiday.
TM30 Reporting Regulation.pdf 
I suggest you print the PDF and show it to them as to the current regulations.

Why, if you reported to your IO after returning from overseas, didn't you request they manually reset and issue a new 90-day report date?

Nakhon Sawan does have a reputation of being a bit of a rogue IO.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Well, that's misinformation for a start!

If you re-entered 28th Oct 2022, your next 90-day report is due Jan 25th 2023 - correct.

However, if you're submitting it online, the window is 14 days prior to the due date, up to the due date.
It's only 6 days after the due date if doing it in person.

The first date you can apply online is Wednesday Jan 11th, but my guess is it won't recognise that date, and you'll have to do it in person.

Ok, so 14 days prior to the due date if doing it online, and 6 days after the due date if doing it in person, e learn something everyday thx ????

I kind of figured it won't work, but others have said it will, including the immigration officer on the phone with my wife after the renewal application was lodged.

47 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

There is now no requirement to refile a new TM30 if returning to the same registered address from a holiday.
TM30 Reporting Regulation.pdf 
I suggest you print the PDF and show it to them as to the current regulations.

Why, if you reported to your IO after returning from overseas, didn't you request they manually reset and issue a new 90-day report date?

Nakhon Sawan does have a reputation of being a bit of a rogue IO.

I have also heard that there is no requirement to lodge a TM30, however when my wife called them when we returned, they said yes, she must come in, not me, or face a 2,000 baht fine, she complained when she got there, as it takes an hour 20 to get there to fill in a form which took less than a minute, oh, why didn't you do it online they said...LOL, I won't out the 4 letter word I was thinking of.

It is also my understanding that a regulation is not legislation and these bozzo's have the discretionary powers to do as they seem fit, that said, if that is not the case, who is going to challenge them ?

As mentioned previously, my brother-in-law who lives in the same village said he didn't need to, I said, no it's not him, it's the blue book holder, and again he said nope, he just returned from overseas as well, so he didn't go nor did his wife, so will anything happen when he does his renewal, who knows.

I have a fair few mates who use Udon Thani and they tell me they are more relaxed than Sakon Nakhon, but more corrupt with hands out all the time.

At the end of the day, this is a once a year uneventful time for most of us, that said, I didn't ask for a 90 day slip when I was there as I knew I had till January with the clock starting when I came back on the 28th October, now if the online system doesn't work, as someone else has said, i.e. it worked for him, then I will just have to go in, it's always a waste of time because their whole system is too complicated, but that's how they like things, starting from the way they conduct themselves from their basic education system throughout life, IMO.