Single re-entry question regarding 90 day reactivation and recent annual extension with no new slip

I just renewed my annual extension for 12 months and didn't see a new 90 day slip in my passport 2 days later.

I re-entered the country on 28 October and according to my calculations, the new 90 days would take me to 25 January 2023.

My annual extension expires 31 January, although I renewed it on 20 December and just noticed the IO didn't put in a new 90 day slip.

So my question is, will the online system accept me applying for a new 90 days (due 25 January 2023) or will I have to go back to IO to get a new slip.

I did get an email from the system on the 8th November telling me that my 90 day renewal was due on 23 November but I didn't go online as I knew the 90 days started again when I re-entered the country on 28 October which would give me till 25 January 2023 to do my 90 days again, now I'm thinking, will the system acknowledge me having the new start date for the 90 days or will I have to go to Immigration and point out that I didn't get a new 90 slip ?

Passport stamp for extension is due 1 March 2023.

I did check the system online and it shows the last update was in August, so it looks like Immigration f'd up.

Has anyone successfully done a new 90 days after re-entering or is one supposed to go back to Immigration ?

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I also just reentered Thailand from short trip out 

Just prior to exit I received my reminder email for online report.

Ignored that as I was exiting Thailand prior to due date.

Having reentered Dec 6, count my new due date from that.

Will do online report 75 days from entry.

Being careful to enter my new entry date.

As for your immigration office... When you obtain new extension it's not normal for immigration to do a 90 day report. Yes, some do. 

Thanks for that, ok, so I will do the same, i.e. set my reminder for two weeks prior to it being due for renewal (11 January 2023) and will be careful to enter my new entry date as well.

If the system doesn't accept it, then at least I have time to go in.

????

• Like 1

First understand that the online 90-Day Report reminder is quite primitive in that it does not take into consideration any time you leave the country nor any time you file the report not using the online system (e.g., in person).  So, if you get the reminder you must consider whether you left the country in the relevant period or filed a 90-Day Report via some other method than the online system.

Yes, you should be able to file online on 25 November 2023 based on it being 90 days since you re-entered Thailand. [corrected the date]

There is no connection between filing 90-Day Reports and doing your annual extension, although some immigration offices will do a new 90-Day Report when you do your annual extension.  It is not required and they do this as a matter of courtesy and policy of that individual office.  In other words, you can't really complain if they don't do it.

The event that triggers needing to do a 90-Day Report in person is when you change passports.  Merely re-entering Thailand does not trigger this.

Edited by skatewash
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

If the system doesn't accept it, then at least I have time to go in.

That's always my plan with online system.

So unreliable prior to new system.

I file as soon as I receive reminder.

Once due to Songkran holidays my online was still pending.

I only waited couple of days and sent report via mail.

Sure enough my online was accepted as soon as holidays ended.

My mail in file came back later with note written (in Thai) that I had already filed. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Yes, you should be able to file online on 23 November 2023 based on it being 90 days since you re-entered Thailand.

Apologies, a little confused.

My 90 days was due on the 23rd November, I left the country in early October and returned on 28th October, i.e. prior to the 90 days being due and the clock restarting on the 28th October which should take me to 25 January 2023.

The above said, it sounds like I should be ok to do an online application for the 90 days as early as 12 January 2023.

Re-immigration not putting in a 90 day slip, I might be a little confused there, and it maybe at the time of the stamping of the extension, i.e. 1 March 2023 that they do that as a complimentary service as I only see them once a year and that is when they more than likely do it.

Growing old isn't fun.

Edited by 4MyEgo

9 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

My 90 days was due on the 23rd November, I left the country in early October and returned on 28th October, i.e. prior to the 90 days being due and the clock restarting on the 28th October which should take me to 25 January 2023.

The above said, it sounds like I should be ok to do an online application for the 90 days as early as 12 January 2023.

Re-immigration not putting in a 90 day slip, I might be a little confused there, and it maybe at the time of the stamping of the extension, i.e. 1 March 2023 that they do that as a complimentary service as I only see them once a year and that is when they more than likely do it.

Growing old isn't fun.

My mistake on the date, should have been 25 not 23 January 2023 (corrected now in post).

Yes, you should be OK to use the online 90-Day Report system.

The circumstances when immigration puts a new 90-Day Report in your passport are when you file a 90-Day Report in person, or at some immigration offices (e.g., Phuket) they do so as a courtesy when doing your annual extension of stay.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Yes, you should be able to file online on 25 November 2023 based on it being 90 days since you re-entered Thailand. [corrected the date]

Um, I can see where I got confused, it should show 25 "January", but let's not be slitting hairs ????

42 minutes ago, skatewash said:

The event that triggers needing to do a 90-Day Report in person is when you change passports.  Merely re-entering Thailand does not trigger this.

Maybe I got lucky with Jomtien immigration office but my first 90 day report online after receiving my new passport was successful. I had done the transfer of stamps from old to new prior to submitting the report of course. Always worth trying it first to see if it rejects or accepts.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Growing old isn't fun.

when you leave and than re enter thailand

Throw away ANY and ALL 90 slips in the back of ur passport
there not valid any more
the day you arrive back is day 1>
phuket issues you a NEW 90 day report slip when you get ur 1 year extension. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Just my two cents, but I believe you'll find you need to file this next report in person, in order to reset the online 90-day clock.

The entry system and 90 day reporting aren't linked, so the fact the 90-day system was expecting you to submit a report on 23rd Nov but didn't, it will reject the next online report. It's not aware you left and re-entered the Country and needs to be manually reset by your Immigration office.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

That's always my plan with online system.

So unreliable prior to new system.

I file as soon as I receive reminder.

Once due to Songkran holidays my online was still pending.

I only waited couple of days and sent report via mail.

Sure enough my online was accepted as soon as holidays ended.

My mail in file came back later with note written (in Thai) that I had already filed. 

In October I did similar as the app failed ,sent a mail notification.

UbonJoe suggested using desktop method which I did,all good next appointment Jan 6.

Mail in accepted and provided new next appointment Jan 24

Edited by norbra
Typo

3 minutes ago, norbra said:

In Octopus I did similar as the app failed ,sent a mail notification.

UbonJoe suggested using desktop method which I did,all good next appointment Jan 6.

Mail in accepted and provided new next appointment Jan 24

Some offices only start to consider mail in reports from due date. 

CW is one. 

Yes it would be possible to be given different dates if file online and via mail. 

I would assume that you just used the Jan 6 for your next online due by date. 

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Some offices only start to consider mail in reports from due date. 

CW is one. 

Yes it would be possible to be given different dates if file online and via mail. 

I would assume that you just used the Jan 6 for your next online due by date. 

App advises window (15-7 days prior) is not available at this time,so I will submit again for the Jan 24 option or try again over the weekend

Edited by norbra

3 minutes ago, norbra said:

App advises window (15-7 days prior) is not available at this time,so I will submit again for the Jan 24 option

Sounds as though you are using old online report.

Online reporting is now up till due date. 

Check this online reporting link.

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Sounds as though you are using old online report.

Online reporting is now up till due date. 

Using the app ,checking previous approvals,there is no record of my October successful application.but checking using desktop,the October application is there, weird

1 hour ago, Liquorice said:

Just my two cents, but I believe you'll find you need to file this next report in person, in order to reset the online 90-day clock.

The entry system and 90 day reporting aren't linked, so the fact the 90-day system was expecting you to submit a report on 23rd Nov but didn't, it will reject the next online report. It's not aware you left and re-entered the Country and needs to be manually reset by your Immigration office.

Ok, I think the best bet here would be to get the Mrs to call them and say oi, W-T-F is Mr farang supposed to do.

Once I find out, I will post and update here.

2 hours ago, Liquorice said:

UPDATE:

Ok, so I would think what you are saying above about the 90 reporting system not being linked to the re-entry permit is correct, (but not tested yet from my end), that said, I didn't talk to immigration, my wife did just now and here is her take on it.

Because we arrived back in our village on Saturday the 29th October and went to immigration on Monday the 31st for my wife, who is the holder of the blue book, to advise them that I was back from overseas, they updated the information into the system, that said, because I also applied for my extension, the system was also updated to reflect when I returned to Thailand, i.e. the 28th October.

They said to my wife that I have two choice:

1st choice was to apply online on the 25th of January (end of the new 90 days from the single re-entry permit date being the 28th October 2022) or 15 days prior or 7 days after.

2nd choice is to get a new 90 day notice when I collect my extension of stay on the 1st of March 2023. This to me is a huge gap from when my extension expires to when I collect the new stamp.

My current extension of stay expires on 31 January 2023 and the new stamp is due on 1 March 2023.

What do I make of all of the above, well 50% of it makes sense, , that said, when I think about the gap between the 31st of January 2023 when my extension expires to 1 March 2023 when I collect the stamp, that means there would be no 90 day report from 25 January when I would have had to renew it, so I take it that I would be left wide open, he said to the Mrs, that is not a problem, they know when I returned to the country and I don't need a 90 report until the 1st of March 2023, but up to me, because everything is in the system.

So what am I going to do, well on 12 January 2023 am going on line to try and obtain 90 days with my re-entry date being 28 October 2028, if I works, I might just start believing these guys, if it doesn't, then I will go into immigration and get them to provide me with one, and if that is the case, then when I go on the 1st March 2023 to get the stamp in my passport, I will ask for another 90 days if they don't provide me with one, better safer than sorry I say.

Does this make sense to all ?

@DrJack54

@skatewash

@zzzzz

@Liquorice

9 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Because we arrived back in our village on Saturday the 29th October and went to immigration on Monday the 31st for my wife, who is the holder of the blue book, to advise them that I was back from overseas,........

You arrive back in Thailand on 28th Oct. 

Why did you attend immigration on 29Oct? 

If you return to Thailand with reentry permit or same visa there is no need to report to immigration.

The rules regarding TM30 returning from overseas and even another province changed.

As for your next  90 day report I would suggest do it online 75+ days from Oct 28 (your reenter date) 

Edited by DrJack54

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You arrive back in Thailand on 28th Oct. 

Why did you attend immigration on 29Oct? 

If you return to Thailand with reentry permit or same visa there is no need to report to immigration.

The rules regarding TM30 returning from overseas and even another province changed.

My wife is the holder of the blue book and as far as I am aware, I am the guest staying in her home. She called them on Monday the 31st as we arrived in the village a day after our flight, i.e. Saturday the 29th and they said she must come in or pay a 2,000 baht fine.

Edit: They didn't tell us she could do it on line till we drove there, 3 hour round trip....LOL

Edited by 4MyEgo

6 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

She called them on Monday the 31st as we arrived in the village a day after our flight, i.e. Saturday the 29th and they said she must come in or pay a 2,000 baht fine.

I'm lost.

What did you do at immigration on Oct 29.

If it was a TM30 to notify of return to address, then that is no longer required and immigration is wrong.

Which office.

It can't be for 90 day report as you just returned to Thailand. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

The 90-Day Report is really not that complicated, perhaps surprisingly so.

It boils down to this very simple statement:

It is due and only due on the 90th consecutive day you have been in Thailand.

When you enter Thailand that is day one of the 90 day clock.  The count increases by one for each day you are in Thailand.  When that count reaches 90 days a 90-Day Report is due.

You may leave Thailand before you have been here 90 consecutive days, and if so no 90-Day Report is due (because you haven't been here for 90 consecutive days).

You may leave Thailand before 90 consecutive days have elapsed since your last 90-Day Report, and if so no new 90-Day Report is due (because you haven't been here for 90 consecutive days without filing a 90 Day Report).

When you file a 90-Day Report your 90 day clock resets to one.

You may file a 90-Day Report in person up to 15 days before your 90-Day report is due and up to 7 days after your 90-Day Report is due.  Some refer to the period from your due date to 7 days after your due date as a grace period.  If you file during this grace period the 90-Day Report is considered timely and there is no fine or negative consequence.

You may file a 90-Day Report online up to 15 days before your 90-Day Report is due and up to the date your 90-Day report is due.

The 90-Day Report has nothing to do with your permission to stay.  If you don't file a timely 90-Day Report you are not on overstay.  You are however, subject to a 2,000 baht fine for not filing a timely 90-Day Report.  You may be so fined the next time you conduct business at your local immigration office.

Your permission to stay until date is what determines whether you are on overstay or not.  It has nothing to do with any 90-Day Report.  Overstay is a serious matter with real adverse consequences.  90-Day Reports are an entirely separate matter.  They should be done when you have been in Thailand for 90 consecutive days.  If you don't bother doing them you will be subject to a 2,000 baht fine when you next conduct business at your local immigration office.  There are no further adverse consequences for not doing 90-Day Reports.

Edited by skatewash
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm lost.

What did you do at immigration on Oct 29.

If it was a TM30 to notify of return to address, then that is no longer required and immigration is wrong.

Which office.

It can't be for 90 day report as you just returned to Thailand. 

Sakon Nakhon is the office.

They seem to have the most draconian rules, e.g. with my recent application I was required to provide them with copies of my bankbook from when it originally began, i.e. 31/102016.

Even today when my wife spoke to them, the IO after who asked for my passport number asked my wife if she went to the office after I returned to Thailand on the 28th October and she said yes we did, go figure.

My brother-in-law who lives in the same village said he doesn't go, I said, not about you, it's about your wife, she is the holder of the blue book.

I did here that the TM30 went out the window, but looks like Sakon Nakhon still want reporting to be done, so we comply, well wife does or she can face a 2,000 baht fine, and who are we to tell them they are wrong, especially about the TM30 and the bankbook copies, because all I have heard on the forum is 3 months up to 12 months depending on the office, not back to 2016, i.e. 6 years.

As you can tell, I loath them, but have to provide them with what they want.

21 minutes ago, skatewash said:

If you don't bother doing them you will be subject to a 2,000 baht fine when you next conduct business at your local immigration office.  There are no further adverse consequences for not doing 90-Day Reports.

That clears it up then, totally separate matters, i.e. the 90 day reporting and the extension, but they go hand in hand..

So the IO telling my wife that we had 2 choices, well one would have left me wide open to the 2,000 baht fine.

That is, if I don't go on line and try on the 25th January or go to their office if the online system doesn't provide me with the restart of the new 90 days, because the 2nd choice as he said, was to do it on the 1st of March 2023 when I go to get my extension of stay stamp, like I said, the 2nd choice would have left me wide open.

16 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

.......the 90 day reporting and the extension, but they go hand in hand....

You still are not getting it entirely.  90-day address reporting and extensions have nothing to do with each other.  The only time they may have some relationship is if your particular Immigration Office happens to provide a new 90-day report date at the time you get an extension.  Other than that possible connection, there's zero relationship between the two.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

That clears it up then, totally separate matters, i.e. the 90 day reporting and the extension, but they go hand in hand..

So the IO telling my wife that we had 2 choices, well one would have left me wide open to the 2,000 baht fine.

That is, if I don't go on line and try on the 25th January or go to their office if the online system doesn't provide me with the restart of the new 90 days, because the 2nd choice as he said, was to do it on the 1st of March 2023 when I go to get my extension of stay stamp, like I said, the 2nd choice would have left me wide open.

Yes.

Fundamentally, if you have been in Thailand for 90 consecutive days then a 90-Day Report is due.  Only filing a new 90-Day Report or re-entering Thailand will reset the 90 day clock to one.

My recommendation is to set an electronic calendar alarm for eighty (80) days after entering Thailand.  When you receive your receipt/next appointment slip I would set an alarm for ten (10) days before your next appointment due date.  This gives you up to 10 days to do an online 90-Day Report when you alarm goes off.  You always have the 7 day grace period to do one in person if you do the 90-Day Report after its due date.

Edited by skatewash
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, CMBob said:

You still are not getting it entirely.  90-day address reporting and extensions have nothing to do with each other.  The only time they may have some relationship is if your particular Immigration Office happens to provide a new 90-day report date at the time you get an extension.  Other than that possible connection, there's zero relationship between the two.

Nah, not 100% correct.

As always one size does not fit all.

My last 90 day report, was rounded down to my extension date, about 60 days. then started new 90 day counting from day of extension renewal. :giggle:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

Nah, not 100% correct.

As always one size does not fit all.

My last 90 day report, was rounded down to my extension date, about 60 days. then started new 90 day counting from day of extension renewal. :giggle:

Are you saying (1) that when you did your last 90-day report prior to your extension they gave you a shortened date to your extension date? (if so, first I've ever heard of that) or (2) that at your extension time your immigration office gave you a new 90-day report date? (if so, think I covered that).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CMBob said:

Are you saying (1) that when you did your last 90-day report prior to your extension they gave you a shortened date to your extension date? (if so, first I've ever heard of that) or (2) that at your extension time your immigration office gave you a new 90-day report date? (if so, think I covered that).

No 1,   Yes.  :giggle:,  You got an education then today.

No 2   Yes.  :giggle:, and it was not or.

Your in the Matrix,  of immigration.

they change stuff,  just to see if your paying attention. :cheesy:

Edited by Orinoco
  • Like 1