Kerfuffle on a bus! Mask-less passenger told to get off after other passengers complain

webfact

2 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Some of us don't feel the need to follow the herd....A brain was put in our head for a reason...We use it to think........

I myself am quite happy to be the only person in a room without a mask....And if others get uncomfortable that's fine by me..

So if everyone walked around with shorts on you would take yours off just to be different, expressing your freedom to do so, and enjoy doing it?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

Yes. I was on a bus two days ago.

Saw a fellow transmuter asleep opposite me.

Mask had fallen down to her chin.

Hope you woke her up and told her. "If you don't wear yer mask propper dear. you could catch something."

Save a mask-less person a day. That's my motto.

For those that don't like to wear a mask; a tip. Keep a sausage in your top pocket, and if you get the threatening looks, take it out and start nibbling.

15 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

They operate under the BMTA.

Under the BMTA?

The KittiSunthorn company in Pathum Thani Is not a government company. They provide a bus service in another province.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

In Rome?  I'm in Bangkok and there are plenty of people not wearing masks.  It's a matter of personal choice.

I agree, as long as that personal choice is combined with a large helping of common sense, consideration for others and a minimal understanding of the culture here.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, anrcaccount said:

This is not correct, there is no law regarding mask wearing. That was a single statement by a health official that was widely reported in multiple articles. 

There is no law/mandate for public transport. If there was, the airlines would be enforcing it, as they were when there was a law in place. They are not. 

Actually, I think it's hit or miss with the airlines.  My partner and I just took 4 international flights this month on our trip to Europe, all with the same airline, Emirates.  On 3 of the flights, masks were not mentioned or required.  On the 4th flight, masks were handed out to the passengers as we boarded and we were asked to wear them at all times when we were not eating.  There were periodic reminders during the flight.  In our section it looked like most passengers were complying. 

21 hours ago, stoner said:
22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It's a private company, they can make their own rules, anyone who doesn't want to "obey" them doesn't have to use the service.  I reckon most people would rather not travel with a drunk passenger, mask or no mask.

right because mask wearing in thailand is about people's health still. 

It's irrelevant what it's about, their company, their rules.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, anrcaccount said:

No they don't. Airlines need to follow the guidelines of countries they fly to/from. Have a look at something like Singapore Airlines, this is straight from their site: 

How will I know if my flight requires a face mask? Face masks are not required on board flights, except when travelling to or from destinations that require a face mask. An announcement will also be made at the gate before your Singapore Airlines flight to remind you if a face mask is required.

When there was a mask mandate in Thailand, the airlines enforced it. Earlier this year, when the mandate was removed, they stopped. 

Your wrong. Airline are required to follow guidlaine issued UNDER IATA REGULATIONS. The the distinction country requires it the airlines must comply.  the airline and transit countries can and do set their own guidelines along side the IATA regulations. Do some research. It happen during the hight of covid. As an example either Sweden or Switzerland mandated every transit passenger had to wear mask regardless of destination and I believe had provide a negative test for transit. Those were separate from IATA country guidlines

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So the world is Mask free....oh the shock and horror, I am not accurate...tell me more....

Here's one recent article and there are more.  India is morning back to masking as well.   This article also points out that the Chinese are avoiding television mask wearing in ceremonies and sporting events. https://www.japantimes.co.jp/opinion/2022/12/16/commentary/world-commentary/unmasking-xi-jinping/

17 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Here's one recent article and there are more.  India is morning back to masking as well.   This article also points out that the Chinese are avoiding television mask wearing in ceremonies and sporting events. https://www.japantimes.co.jp/opinion/2022/12/16/commentary/world-commentary/unmasking-xi-jinping/

Please tell me where in my post I ever alluded to the world being mask free.  I think you have my post you initially responded to confused with someone else....TTFN

By the way my last post you responded to was pure sarcasm.

Edited by ThailandRyan

26 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Please tell me where in my post I ever alluded to the world being mask free.  I think you have my post you initially responded to confused with someone else....TTFN

By the way my last post you responded to was pure sarcasm.

I responded to a reply from you ro me. If the forum attached your comment to me in error than I have no way to know that and apologies for the confusion

There was absolutely no sarcasm in my post so not clear what your implying 

23 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

On 12/22/2022 at 12:15 PM, ThailandRyan said:

The whole world is not mask free, try again.....anti maskers views are narrow it appears.

21 hours ago, Dan O said:

That's not accurate info. Chinese wear mask everywhere. Just because they don't show it on TV that's a image control tactic nothing more 

You obviously need to look back at the whole trail which started with a response to you which showed Fin-air does indeed have mask rules.  You then responded back to a response I gave another poster and not to you, which you then responded to me with post 2 quoted above.

My final reply to you was that my last post to you had been sarcasm, not your post.  I think you need to review posts before you respond before you again get off-track Sir.

18 minutes ago, Dan O said:

I responded to a reply from you ro me. If the forum attached your comment to me in error than I have no way to know that and apologies for the confusion

There was absolutely no sarcasm in my post so not clear what your implying 

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You obviously need to look back at the whole trail which started with a response to you which showed Fin-air does indeed have mask rules.  You then responded back to a response I gave another poster and not to you, which you then responded to me with post 2 quoted above.

My final reply to you was that my last post to you had been sarcasm, not your post.  I think you need to review posts before you respond before you again get off-track Sir.

As I said I replied to a post the forum shows you sent me., a simple mistake but you want to blow this up to something for some reason. That's pretty childish and unnecessary as I already apologized for the error. 

I'm done discussing this with you so have a good day

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Dan O said:

As I said I replied to a post the forum shows you sent me., a simple mistake but you want to blow this up to something for some reason. That's pretty childish and unnecessary as I already apologized for the error. 

I'm done discussing this with you so have a good day

Never tried blowing up anything, I was just trying to show you where you went wrong, Enjoy your day.  Sorry if you believe it was some kind of attack on you when it was not. Yes you did apologize if you made a mistake, and the way you worded it was why I tried to show you.  However, you do what you want.  TTFN

And so the debate goes on and on and on .................... boring!

Personally, I do carry a mask in my trouser pocket, not for Covid-19, but for this - dirt/dust pollution in the air when out in a tuk-tuk. With the dry season now upon us, this was a common sight in rural Thailand where I used to live, and still is today here in Cambodia with many dirt roads.

Ruin Road With Dust And Vehicles Transportation In Thailand Stock Photo,  Picture And Royalty Free Image. Image 121117679.

Stock photo taken in Thailand.

Moderators please delete if considered irrelevant.

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

If you believe that, you've never been to Chiang Mai or the North in the past three years, guaranteed you haven't.

Well would you like to see my boarding pass or hotel reservation from Chiang Mai or some pics?  I just came back from there late Weds night. That is Dec 21, 2022!  No one gave myself or others who were maskless a second look or thought. The businesses are barely surviving there. They WANTED business from maskless people. The driver to the airport and I even talked about this Weds night when I asked if he thought masks would be off for most Thais in the near future. Many there are wearing old, loose dirty bacteria loaded masks anyways. Who knows what they are catching. I have my paid receipt from hotel as well if you need that!

51 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Well would you like to see my boarding pass or hotel reservation from Chiang Mai or some pics?  I just came back from there late Weds night. That is Dec 21, 2022!  No one gave myself or others who were maskless a second look or thought. The businesses are barely surviving there. They WANTED business from maskless people. The driver to the airport and I even talked about this Weds night when I asked if he thought masks would be off for most Thais in the near future. Many there are wearing old, loose dirty bacteria loaded masks anyways. Who knows what they are catching. I have my paid receipt from hotel as well if you need that!

A short visit, anecdotal at best plus you're likely in tourist areas where other idiots without masks are. I've lived here for over 20 years and mix with local people here every day in non-tourist area. Yes it's getting easier for a foreigner not to wear a mask, mostly because of people with your attitude. Poster @ozimoron wrote that local people view foreigners who don't wear masks with disdain, he is 100% correct, I seriously doubt you would recognize a locals look of disdain if you even saw it!

20 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

A short visit, anecdotal at best plus you're likely in tourist areas where other idiots without masks are. I've lived here for over 20 years and mix with local people here every day in non-tourist area. Yes it's getting easier for a foreigner not to wear a mask, mostly because of people with your attitude. Poster @ozimoron wrote that local people view foreigners who don't wear masks with disdain, he is 100% correct, I seriously doubt you would recognize a locals look of disdain if you even saw it!

I know a large amount of Thais. I speak with them about this. You GUARANTEED I haven't been up north in three years. You and your boy are wrong. You can never admit it. I was outside Chiang Mai city a lot too.  Maybe the distain is actually towards you! I TALK to people. All my Thai friends and associates speak English. You and the other guy act like you are mind readers or actually face readers. How do you guys see distain if your locals are wearing masks!  They don't care about foreigners who choose not to wear masks where THEY ARE NOT REQUIRED TO WEAR MASKS. So many locals in Chiang Mai are wearing masks on their chins. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Lost.

Too thick to know better, to lazy to educate themselves, too cowardly to form their own opinion.

Thais will never stop wearing masks for the reasons I have outlined above.

He could have simply worn a mask for short ride. 

Total imbecile. 

Me first MAGA clowns. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

I know a large amount of Thais. I speak with them about this. You GUARANTEED I haven't been up north in three years. You and your boy are wrong. You can never admit it. I was outside Chiang Mai city a lot too.  Maybe the distain is actually towards you! I TALK to people. All my Thai friends and associates speak English. You and the other guy act like you are mind readers or actually face readers. How do you guys see distain if your locals are wearing masks!  They don't care about foreigners who choose not to wear masks where THEY ARE NOT REQUIRED TO WEAR MASKS. So many locals in Chiang Mai are wearing masks on their chins. 

Two or three months ago my wife and I were in Cent Fest, every single person was masked except one 20 something year old female westerner who was wearing her mask like an arm band. We walked in the same direction as her and it was interesting to watch other Thai's glance sideways and look back afterwards to express disgust, in their own quiet and low key way. Eventually on the second floor, outside B2S, I couldn't help myself. I asked her if she realized she was the only person out of many hundred in the mall who wasn't wearing a mask, I got a mumble grumble something or other in response as she walked away, pulling her mask onto her face. Earlier we'd been around Fern Forest in Old Town for lunch where the story was the same, farang tourists unmasked, all Thai's masked, Thai's eyeing tourists quietly with disdain. The tourists who do this don't get it because they don't see it so they don't realize the strength of sentiment that exists here still. Right of wrong, justified or not, that's the way they feel, albeit sentiment is softening currently.

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Never tried blowing up anything, I was just trying to show you where you went wrong, Enjoy your day.  Sorry if you believe it was some kind of attack on you when it was not. Yes you did apologize if you made a mistake, and the way you worded it was why I tried to show you.  However, you do what you want.  TTFN

again you try to deflect and blame unnecessarily. There was no need for this reply in the way you did, so yes you are trying to blow it into something its not.  You got an apology but wont get another. feel free to ignore me as I will be ignoring you

9 hours ago, newnative said:

If you want to ride a public transport, you have to obey the transport's rules.  It's really as simple as that.  If you don't want to wear a mask, hire a private car with a driver who is ok with you not wearing a mask.  

Fortunately in Bangkok (on the BTS anyway, the buses may be different) masks are only "recommended" not required.

Hey in China, with the lock downs being lifted, there is a lot of new COVID cases. I wonder how many Chinese will be able to

make it to Thailand as carriers? It is peak travel season everybody, so good luck to all of you.

Oh and remember you are in Thailand, not your home country. Well that is those new expats who have not

become semi Thais. People are still dying and getting sick from Flu, and the latest variant of COVID, and maybe even a few from colds and

other types of disease and sicknesses. Have a great hot Winter there in Thailand you lucky people.

I cannot travel until next year, so it is a frozen Winter here in Canada for me.

Harvey M..