Kerfuffle on a bus! Mask-less passenger told to get off after other passengers complain

webfact

33 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

continuing story of craziness... as the whole world is mask free, Thailand keep the masks on.. In China they only showed football and no audience as the audience were not wearing masks. As soon as there were supporters to be seen, they switched to the trainers... There is no law in Thailand that you have to wear a mask...

The whole world is not mask free, try again.....anti maskers views are narrow it appears.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

In Thailand everybody can make his own law.. That is why nobody knows what to do or to behave...

So if you owned your own shop and had the age old sign on the wall which stated " No, Shirt, No Shoes, NO Service" you wouldn't kick a customer out or not give them service if they failed to follow your rules....tell me you don't have a double standard without telling me you don't have a double standard.....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, anrcaccount said:

This is not correct, there is no law regarding mask wearing. That was a single statement by a health official that was widely reported in multiple articles. 

There is no law/mandate for public transport. If there was, the airlines would be enforcing it, as they were when there was a law in place. They are not. 

Airlines make there own rules not ones created in Thailand other than entry requirements 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Airlines make there own rules not ones created in Thailand other than entry requirements 

No they don't. Airlines need to follow the guidelines of countries they fly to/from. Have a look at something like Singapore Airlines, this is straight from their site: 

How will I know if my flight requires a face mask? Face masks are not required on board flights, except when travelling to or from destinations that require a face mask. An announcement will also be made at the gate before your Singapore Airlines flight to remind you if a face mask is required.

When there was a mask mandate in Thailand, the airlines enforced it. Earlier this year, when the mandate was removed, they stopped. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So if you owned your own shop and had the age old sign on the wall which stated " No, Shirt, No Shoes, NO Service" you wouldn't kick a customer out or not give them service if they failed to follow your rules....tell me you don't have a double standard without telling me you don't have a double standard.....

Rules are only good if you stick to them. I agree the masks are useless but the government specifies where you need to wear them i.e. public transport and cinemas. Silly as I can get off the BTS and walk into major stores crowded with people and no mask but on the BTS there may not be many people but I need to wear one. 

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It's a private company, they can make their own rules, anyone who doesn't want to "obey" them doesn't have to use the service.  I reckon most people would rather not travel with a drunk passenger, mask or no mask.

right because mask wearing in thailand is about people's health still. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, anrcaccount said:

You have posted outdated and incorrect information. That page is dated: 

Date: 12 May 2020

Have you flown lately in Thailand? Airlines are not requiring passengers to wear masks. 

Try again. It wasn't just a deputy Health minister but also the Interior Ministry. Nothing has changed. Still recommended.  You just have to keep acting like the school yard bully don't you.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40017023

People need to be aware that the pandemic has not ended, and that facemasks still provide protection,” Interior Ministry’s permanent-secretary Suttipong Juljarern said on Friday.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, anrcaccount said:

You have posted outdated and incorrect information. That page is dated: 

Date: 12 May 2020

Have you flown lately in Thailand? Airlines are not requiring passengers to wear masks. 

Try again some airlines are still requiring masks to be worn if the countries they fly to are requiring masks to be worn.

https://www.finnair.com/th-en/flight-information/travel-updates/face-mask-policy-on-our-flights-2364600

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I know that and said it above in the thread, using Singapore Airlines as an example. Its not the airline making the rules, its the airline applying the rules of the destination country: 

https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/pdf/media-centre/Maskrequirementsbydestinations.pdf

and here 

https://mainlymiles.com/2022/11/25/which-singapore-airlines-flights-still-require-mask-wearing/

My comment was in relation to Thailand, which is a country that doesn't require masks to be worn in flights or at airports, look at the links. 

Edited by anrcaccount
extra source link added

3 minutes ago, anrcaccount said:

I know that and said it above in the thread, using Singapore Airlines as an example. Its not the airline making the rules, its the airline applying the rules of the destination country: 

https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/pdf/media-centre/Maskrequirementsbydestinations.pdf

My comment was in relation to Thailand, which is a country that doesn't require masks to be worn in flights or at airports, look at the link. 

Not required but it is still recommended. Wear one or don't wear one it's your choice, that is until, and except when, you encounter a company, a bus line, and so on that Requires one be worn....then wear it and stop with the rhetoric.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Good for this person for not being a stupid sheep....Say NO to masks 24/7/365...

Please wear a mask Sir.........I have 3 words to say......No No and No....

Your choice to exit the premises or the bus or be removed...or just put one on.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Try again. It wasn't just a deputy Health minister but also the Interior Ministry. Nothing has changed. Still recommended.  You just have to keep acting like the school yard bully don't you.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40017023

People need to be aware that the pandemic has not ended, and that facemasks still provide protection,” Interior Ministry’s permanent-secretary Suttipong Juljarern said on Friday.

Yes it has changed - in 2020 Thai airlines were required to enforce mandatory mask wearing because of the government rules at the time. The poster was posting outdated links as facts.  It wasn't recommended then, it was required.  This changed earlier in 2022, when it was made no longer required. 

Yes, it is still recommended generally by the health authorities. That's a different point. My point is in relation to facts / rules , not rhetoric. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anrcaccount said:

Yes it has changed - in 2020 Thai airlines were required to enforce mandatory mask wearing because of the government rules at the time. The poster was posting outdated links as facts.  It wasn't recommended then, it was required.  This changed earlier in 2022, when it was made no longer required. 

Yes, it is still recommended generally by the health authorities. That's a different point. My point is in relation to facts / rules , not rhetoric. 

And it can be mandated by the airlines the have their own rules aside for the guidance given by destination countries via IATA guidelines 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The whole world is not mask free, try again.....anti maskers views are narrow it appears.

That's not accurate info. Chinese wear mask everywhere. Just because they don't show it on TV that's a image control tactic nothing more 

3 hours ago, anrcaccount said:

No they don't. Airlines need to follow the guidelines of countries they fly to/from. Have a look at something like Singapore Airlines, this is straight from their site: 

How will I know if my flight requires a face mask? Face masks are not required on board flights, except when travelling to or from destinations that require a face mask. An announcement will also be made at the gate before your Singapore Airlines flight to remind you if a face mask is required.

When there was a mask mandate in Thailand, the airlines enforced it. Earlier this year, when the mandate was removed, they stopped. 

Yes, I flew from Australia to Bangkok a few weeks ago no mask at all, only the crew were wearing mask and that was with Thai Air 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Dan O said:

That's not accurate info. Chinese wear mask everywhere. Just because they don't show it on TV that's a image control tactic nothing more 

So the world is Mask free....oh the shock and horror, I am not accurate...tell me more....