I never remember cannabis being so harsh to smoke or having such a harsh aftertaste.

connda

Can you describe what it is that you've purchased and smoked?

Where did you buy it, what was it called, how much did you pay?

You bought on-line? In a dispensary?

Does it have any smell BEFORE you burn it?

Can you share some photos?

Did you gett a 'buzz' from any of this weed?

What did you smoke/like in the U.S.?

I've purchased from ~ 15 or so sources, have yet to find anything like you describe.

Maybe I've been lucky, where you've been unlucky?

Maybe visit a dispensary, where you can examine the product up close?

• Like 1

Properly dried, cured and stored weed will not taste rough. Also, weed that's not been sprayed with anything. Most Thai weed is sprayed with god knows what because of the pest control (for soil growers).

Doing it properly cost money, and most mass scale growers in Thailand are looking for ways to cut cost so they can sell it for under 100 thb/g because people are tight.

Before I started growing I had no idea how actually terrible growers are. Most people do not care about quality, they just do it for the money.

Growers, especially those that produce on a large scale, cut corners, spray with chemicals, don't dry properly, don't cure or even trim properly, they harvest too early...etc. Of course, not everybody is like that, but if it's cheap stuff, you can bet that it's been sprayed, not handled properly or treated properly and you will get bad quality smoke that tastes rough.

I'm a grower for few years now, and I do hydroponics only... I'm actually horrified to think what garbage I smoked before I started growing myself.

Edited by Jason Mamoa
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've been worried that this is the case from the local farmers. With it being the wild west they're just trying to push out as much products as possible to cash in for now.

Unfortunately I had to go w/them to get our shop going. It's waaaay overpriced for wholesale and I'm only going off of what my team on the ground says for quality (not all Thais). 

The plan is to move over in the spring to start doing high quality, micro-batch, 4-lighters to bring some real quality to the scene. Unfortunately that's about 7 more months before being ready to harvest.