January 6 committee releases final report, says Trump should be barred from office

Scott

4 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

I am a Conservative, but not American. As I have mentioned elsewhere, I don't like Fmr Pres. Trump. But any decision to bar him from this and that (or anyone else for that matter) should be at least bipartisan or in a court of Justice. Otherwise, it is just left against right. It was obvious from the failed impeachment that the Democrats wanted FP Trump out of the way, so to speak, so such a statement by them is hardly surprising.

It will be. The committee has only made a recommendation. Trump will need to be convicted of insurrection to be barred from office. That will occur in a court as you suggest.

4 hours ago, TKDfella said:

I am a Conservative, but not American. As I have mentioned elsewhere, I don't like Fmr Pres. Trump. But any decision to bar him from this and that (or anyone else for that matter) should be at least bipartisan or in a court of Justice. Otherwise, it is just left against right. It was obvious from the failed impeachment that the Democrats wanted FP Trump out of the way, so to speak, so such a statement by them is hardly surprising.

Are you sure? He might have become one of the Democrats' best assets, as he puts off loads of moderate Republicans and independent voters - as it has been demonstrated in the recent elections for congress.

6 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

He gave a bad impression of the USA on the world stage to say he was the POTUS. He received a great deal of airtime worldwide and was totally erratic.

He was corrupt, a liar, misogynist,  an egotistical maniac as well as a sociopath and not fit for office.

His choices of underlings were driven by nepotism and the USA ne spome eds to leave this sorry episode behind.

He was no statesman, a danger to the US and those around him and he was totally a loose cannon.

Ah, but he didn't start any wars, did he, so not a threat to world peace, was he!

The only thing I take away from the committee is that they must be terrified of Trump coming back in 2024 to go to such lengths to stop him standing.

I don't want Trump to stand again either, but that's because he would likely just get the Dems re elected to POTUS.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Tug said:

Hopefully trumps term has exposed the weaknesses in our system so they can be fixed so this doesn’t happen again imo mr trump went far beyond just being a bad president he needs to be held accountable come what may if it causes violence so be it he cannot be allowed to hold office or break the law lock that fraud up!

What you are proposing is a undemocratic IMO. Short of being convicted of a crime ( and no guarantee that will happen ), what would you suggest as a way to prevent him from standing again that is constitutional?

• Haha 1