January 6 committee releases final report, says Trump should be barred from office

Scott

8 hours ago, nauseus said:

You conveniently misquoted me, importantly missing out the sword initially

"Just before 2:00 p.m., numerous rioters reached the doors and windows of the Capitol and began attempts to break in. Around 2:11, a group of rioters used a piece of lumber to break through a window and began climbing into the building moments later.[262] At 2:12, a Proud Boy seized a Capitol Police plastic shield and used it to smash through another window; by 2:13, the Capitol was officially breached, and the growing mob streamed into the National Statuary Hall"  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_6_United_States_Capitol_attack

Please give your source showing the number of people who "initially" breached the Capitol was small. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, placeholder said:

Hinting at conspiracies much? I am shocked. Shocked.

Speaking of conspiracies i just read this....you have got to be kidding me that grown adult people actually go down a rabbit hole so far to come up with such an absurd theory......seriously? 

Is there anything too "out there" for these people to buy into?  No wonder the king of con men DJT has been able to fool so many for so long and suck millions of dollars out of their pockets....trump loves the "uneducated" so why not promote that the Easter Bunny is going to arrive in Santa's sleigh and name trump the ruler of the universe.?  Send money to buy Reindeer food for the journey.

The QAnon conspiracy theory is an anti-democratic, authoritarian fantasy that imagines a “globalist” or “deep state” cabal of Satan-worshiping pedophiles — many prominent Democrats among them — who will soon be arrested en masse, and possibly executed, by former President Donald Trump.

During his presidency Trump more than played footsie with QAnon supporters, repeatedly refusing to denounce the movement. Since leaving the White House, however, Trump has openly embraced QAnon, often sharing the movement’s memes on Truth Social.

17 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Navel gazing, I suspect.

OK, your sarcastic post has worked, so I'll take the bait. On J6, I was monitoring several live TV channels, in turn, as the event was unfolding. Some of the footage transmitted looked to have been relayed from mobile phone VDO feeds and it was one of these that showed a policeman (uniformed but without riot gear) unlocking a pair of double doors, opening them and moving aside as some protesters walked in - yes, walked - I don't have a count but in this case only a few protesters, at least initially. That scene (above) stopped after that and I can't find the same segment any more, just as I can't find a lot of stuff now.

It looks like there were at least two breaches about the same time - I know that the west side one was much worse, with more people, noise, violence and damage from the Proud Boys, or whoever they were. I think the scene of easier entry was somewhere on the east side. In both cases the police forces were undermanned, especially considering the warning signs from the preceding days and it took far too long for support to arrive.   

14 minutes ago, nauseus said:

OK, your sarcastic post has worked, so I'll take the bait. On J6, I was monitoring several live TV channels, in turn, as the event was unfolding. Some of the footage transmitted looked to have been relayed from mobile phone VDO feeds and it was one of these that showed a policeman (uniformed but without riot gear) unlocking a pair of double doors, opening them and moving aside as some protesters walked in - yes, walked - I don't have a count but in this case only a few protesters, at least initially. That scene (above) stopped after that and I can't find the same segment any more, just as I can't find a lot of stuff now.

It looks like there were at least two breaches about the same time - I know that the west side one was much worse, with more people, noise, violence and damage from the Proud Boys, or whoever they were. I think the scene of easier entry was somewhere on the east side. In both cases the police forces were undermanned, especially considering the warning signs from the preceding days and it took far too long for support to arrive.   

Why post what you think you saw happen if you can not produce the link of the supposed video. All you have done is pass on a personal opinion that you can not verify and with that being said your just speculating.  

Do you believe for one minute that any of the investigations and prosecutions of criminal trespass etc. have used your supposed view of what you think you saw happen by using the supposed video? I know that if I was trying to defend a trespasser I would be looking all over hell and high water for such evidence to exonerate my client and others for any wrong doing they were being prosecuted for.

Reading in between the lines of your post you also sound as if you believe the evidence was hidden out of view, and yet if what you say truly happened and they were just let in, well then there would be more investigations and it would be all over the media.... 

Your an intelligent man yet your trying to make excuses for those that followed the lead of the beaten POTUS also known as Trump.

Edited by ThailandRyan

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Why post what you think you saw happen if you can not produce the link of the supposed video. All you have done is pass on a personal opinion that you can not verify and with that being said your just speculating.  

Do you believe for one minute that any of the investigations and prosecutions of criminal trespass etc. have used your supposed view of what you think you saw happen by using the supposed video? I know that if I was trying to defend a trespasser I would be looking all over hell and high water for such evidence to exonerate my client and others if any wrong doing.

Reading in between the lines of your post you also sound as if you believe the evidence was hidden out of view, and yet if what you say truly happened and they were just let in, well then there would be more investigations and it would be all over the media.... 

Your an intelligent man yet your trying to make excuses for those that followed the lead of the beaten POTUS also known as Trump.

I know what I saw, that's it. I have no reason to make things up or lie. I'm not trying to defend anybody but I am interested to know why Capitol security was so weak on the day. Take it or leave it. I don't care.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I did your homework for you here's the link which disproves what you say you saw.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/05/video-doesnt-prove-capitol-police-allowed-jan-6-protesters-to-enter-capitol/

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/capitol-police-waving-video/

The Misleading Video

On Jan. 7, the day after the Capitol riot, TikTok user Josh Helfgott reposted a misleading video with the caption, "A Police Officer WAVED THEM ALL IN!!" It received millions of views and more than 500,000 likes. Helfgott's specific captioned version of the video was also reshared on Twitter.

Nothing here disproves what I saw. The VDO segments that do open are different scenes. 

28 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I know what I saw, that's it. I have no reason to make things up or lie. I'm not trying to defend anybody but I am interested to know why Capitol security was so weak on the day. Take it or leave it. I don't care.

On the other hand a number of those tourists have been convicted of conspiracy to commit insurrection and given very long sentences in jail.

4 hours ago, candide said:

This organisation provides reliable information and analyses.

This article should give a good summary of wha is currently known about it.t

https://www.justsecurity.org/83891/the-missing-review-of-fbis-january-6-intelligence-and-law-enforcement-failures/

Thankyou. 

I think what is important is what was known about "it" at the time, and in the days and weeks prior to J6. According to your link then these 20 separate intelligence items were known of by at least one law enforcement or security agency, and there was at least some pooling of this info before J6.

This just tells me to ask the same question as before: why Capitol security was so weak on the day??

Edited by nauseus
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

After the dust settles, shouldn't the focus be "How did guys with sticks break in so easily" I have better security at my house.

If, by "After the dust settles..." you mean after as many of the criminals involved in the assault are identified and prosecuted, then I agree.  With people like Trump undermining faith in democracy there is a need for greater security for our democratic institutions.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nauseus said:

So one police officer (maybe) letting a few protesters in negates the violent assault by the Proud Boys and others, the vandalism, theft, pooping in hallways, etc.?

7 hours ago, heybruce said:

So one police officer (maybe) letting a few protesters in negates the violent assault by the Proud Boys and others, the vandalism, theft, pooping in hallways, etc.?

Nah. That's not what I said at all. But you knew that.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Your questions about the security issues have been answered with links. Yet you want to disavow them as not the ones you saw occurring. Obviously you disagree with what I and others have posted so it's time to move on. The main issue and answer is the seditious acts incited by Trump. End of.

I  responded to your links claim already with: Nothing here disproves what I saw. The VDO segments that do open are different scenes. The particular issue I'd like resolved concerns the question of Capitol security arrangements on the day and who was responsible for those. End of.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I  responded to your links claim already with: Nothing here disproves what I saw. The VDO segments that do open are different scenes. The particular issue I'd like resolved concerns the question of Capitol security arrangements on the day and who was responsible for those. End of.

That doesn't excuse the woman who got shot forcing her way in. Or the hundreds of officers injured trying to keep them out. You focus on one spurious and debatable incident as some kind of proof. And then you ignore their actions once inside.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 2