Timodine cream available in Thailand?

cocoonclub

Does anyone know whether Timodine cream is available in Thailand or what the equivalent would be?

What Timodine Cream contains:

The active ingredients in this medicine are nystatin 100,000 IU/g, hydrocortisone 0.5% w/w, dimeticone 350 10% w/w and benzalkonium chloride solution 0.2% w/w.

The other ingredients are dibutyl phthalate, glycerol stearate, PEG 100 stearate, purified water, stearic acid, sodium metabisulphite, cellulose nitrate, cetostearyl alcohol, butylated hydroxyanisole compound (containing butylated hydroxyanisole (E320), propyl gallate, citric acid and propylene glycol (E1520)), methyl hydroxybenzoate (E218), propyl hydroxybenzoate (E216), and sorbic acid.

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/203/pil

On 12/24/2022 at 10:32 AM, Sheryl said:

This exact thing is not available. Closest would be something called Candacort

Thanks. Do you plow if pharmacies (or doctors) in Thailand can mix a customized creme for me? This Alternative you posted doesn’t seem to have the same four active ingredients. Where I’m from it’s common that dermatologists write a prescription which is more a list of ingredients and then you take that to a pharmacy and they will mix that creme for you. 

2 hours ago, cocoonclub said:

Thanks. Do you plow if pharmacies (or doctors) in Thailand can mix a customized creme for me? This Alternative you posted doesn’t seem to have the same four active ingredients. Where I’m from it’s common that dermatologists write a prescription which is more a list of ingredients and then you take that to a pharmacy and they will mix that creme for you. 

Not to my knowledge.

Assuming you are using this for a fungal infection, the cream I recommended will have the same action.

Both contain an antifungal:  nystatin in Timodone and clotrimazole in Candacart.

Both contain Hydrocortisone, a steroid which suppresses inflammation.

These are the main active ingrediants. The other 2 ingrediants in timodone are largely inactive. And might also be in Candacort, I can't find listing of it's inactive ingrediants.

Benzalkonium chloride is largely just a preservative though it has a  slight antiseptic effect. If for some reason you need a cream with both an antifungal and an antiseptic type agent then could use Quadraderm. But almost no one needs that ,the combo is in some meds as a hedge in case the source of the rash is nto known.

The dimeticone is just used as a water repellant to reduce chafing.  Whatever inactive ingrediant is in Candacort  will have  at least some of the same effect

I could advise more definitely if I knew what condition you were using the timodone for.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I could advise more definitely if I knew what condition you were using the timodone for.

Angular cheilitis and eczema/cheilitis of the lips (ie., dry, inflamed, cracking lips and corners of the mouth). Started while I had Covid and didn’t go away even two months later. Tried Bepanthen, lip balm, different steroid cremes and now some anti-fungal creme (all prescribed by dermatologists here). Even changed toothpaste and started taking Vitamin B. Two dentists and an ENT doc looked into my mouth and confirmed no oral thrush. One dentists thought I had an allergic reaction (thus the change of toothpaste). The last dermatologist swabbed my lips and looked at it under the microscope and thought there’s some fungi (and prescribed a week of an anti-fungal Creme which I have almost finished). 

My lips are covered in Vaseline the whole day pretty much but there’s no significant improvement (once I stop using the Vaseline, within hours I can feel and see it creeping back). 

I saw online that many people have issues with this and that I can be difficult to get rid of. I saw this creme mentioned as it seems to combine anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and steroid features and thought I’d give it a try. 

Edited by cocoonclub

On 12/26/2022 at 2:00 PM, Sheryl said:

If you want a combination anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and steroid cream, get Quadriderm.

Is Tacrolimus Ointment available in Thailand? Apparently this worked for another guy who got the same issue from his Covid infection. 

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-20330/tacrolimus-topical/details

1 hour ago, cocoonclub said:

Is Tacrolimus Ointment available in Thailand? Apparently this worked for another guy who got the same issue from his Covid infection. 

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-20330/tacrolimus-topical/details

It is available under brand name Protopic but will likely be hard to locate and might also require a prescription (not sure on that)

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Thanks, will discuss with a dermatologist. 

Any dermatologist you would recommend btw? I’m already seeing 2-3 different ones but don’t really know how good they are.