battery for iphone

18 hours ago, it is what it is said:

anyone know where i can get a new, non-apple, battery for my iphone 5SE in bangkok?

Why exactly do you want a low quality battery? Apple batteries are at the top end of the price range but so is the quality, so you can certainly get a lower quality battery at a lower price but not an equal quality battery for cheaper.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Why exactly do you want a low quality battery? Apple batteries are at the top end of the price range but so is the quality, so you can certainly get a lower quality battery at a lower price but not an equal quality battery for cheaper.

updates for my phone will finish soon, so, great little phone that it is, apps will eventually stop working, just want to keep it going until i have to get a more recent version.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, it is what it is said:

updates for my phone will finish soon, so, great little phone that it is, apps will eventually stop working, just want to keep it going until i have to get a more recent version.

On 12/24/2022 at 11:07 PM, it is what it is said:

non-apple, battery for my iphone 5SE 

There is no iPhone 5SE, the iPhone 5 S that was Discontinued March 2016 Maximum OSiOS 12.5.6 (16H71)

The original iPhone SE was Discontinued September 2018 is listed as Latest release of iOS 15

The iPhone SE (2nd generation). I have one, is getting the current releases. 

The apps installed in all versions will continue to work, I have an iPhone 3GS, the apps all still work.

However the apps will stop being updated so that will eventually stop some of them connecting so that is a concern, the banking apps are more likely to age out.

So all in all even the iPhone SE that I guess you have is likely to get years of app updates. If it were me with an iPhone SE I would put in an Apple battery as that is likely to be the most efficient option, only if I intended to get a replacement soon (in not much more than a year) would a cheaper battery make sense 

• Haha 1

I know you don’t want to hear this but you should buy a new phone. The non Apple batteries are <deleted> and an Apple battery is going to cost at least 4000 baht. For that you could buy an iphone 8 in decent condition. But if I were you I would get a better phone than that. If you like the small form factor the new 2022 SE is about 15,000 baht. 

1 hour ago, Everyman said:

I know you don’t want to hear this but you should buy a new phone. The non Apple batteries are <deleted> and an Apple battery is going to cost at least 4000 baht. For that you could buy an iphone 8 in decent condition. But if I were you I would get a better phone than that. If you like the small form factor the new 2022 SE is about 15,000 baht. 

You really should do your homework and not spout BS

@it is what it is the cost for an iPhone SE battery replacement by apple is ฿ 1,600 not @Everymans over 4000.

Even an iPhone 14 pro max is under 4000 but that would be under warranty so free

2155161C-810F-43DC-8BC0-006A167BA98C.thumb.jpeg.fcb534f710f345bccfecf80d98857fbc.jpeg

also the least expensive iPhone SE 3rd gen starts at 17,900 

Edited by sometimewoodworker

• 2 weeks later...

My advice, Don't put anything in your iPhone except a legitimate apple designated battery.  You're asking for real trouble if you do, especially here in Thailand where a lot of shops buy cheap and dangerous no-brand chinese batteries while they may tell you they are genuine Apple.

I had mine replaced with a GENUINE apple battery.  I watched the guy install it, and it cost me all of 800 THB, and that included some troubleshoot on an issue I was having with the phone.

You Have to do some searching to find a reliable and honest shops.  Just search through Google Maps Reviews and you find one really easily.