Tools For DIY Solar Projects

Yesterday i got my cable cutter plier from Lazada. I got a unit that obviously was already opened and used before so either some get what they need done with it and sent back or just dont like it by any reason. I asked the seller why he think i want to pay full price for a product and get something second hand. I got no reply, return is under process. Not that it could not be usable but i need to be sure i get a sharp good tool. They could have cut nails with this for all i know..  PS I got it exactly as on the photo.. i did not need to open it. Plastic in bottom was also sliced open.

Pink

used crimpt.jpg

Edited by Pink7
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Pink7 said:

I got a unit that obviously was already opened and used before so either some get what they need done with it and sent back or just dont like it by any reason.

Yeah, I have had similar on occasion. In reality if it's not horribly damaged or parts missing, I'm not overly fussed but I understand fully why you decided to return it.

I thought "not opened" was one of the return requirements if the item isn't actually defective (from the original return, not you).

Luckily mine has already been dispatched, I wouldn't want to get a 3rd hand unit :whistling:

10 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, I have had similar on occasion. In reality if it's not horribly damaged or parts missing, I'm not overly fussed but I understand fully why you decided to return it.

I thought "not opened" was one of the return requirements if the item isn't actually defective (from the original return, not you).

Luckily mine has already been dispatched, I wouldn't want to get a 3rd hand unit :whistling:

Had it been a hammer i had probably let it pas, but a cutting tool not ok for me. I had more issues like this who i know i got a returned used product but let it pas, but on some items its not ok. Its not to much to expect to get a  new unused when payed for that.. The seller know when they do and speculate that most will think its ok..

I must admit the pickup option on return is a big plus. If i has to bring it any place myself i had probably not cared to do it.

Pink

Edited by Pink7
  • Like 1

Let me also ad that the best way to get better sellers in the market is to find and reward the fair sellers with orders and good feedback, and let the less fair seller not get our orders and to pay for their actions. 

Pink

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I want gloves who protect my hands to electric current, and who also protect battery poles, bars etc from marks and dirt etc. Any of you used gloves on this type jobs? What gloves to get?

Pink 

52 minutes ago, Pink7 said:

I want gloves who protect my hands to electric current, and who also protect battery poles, bars etc from marks and dirt etc. Any of you used gloves on this type jobs? What gloves to get?

Pink 

I'm assuming you're not looking for gloves to be used for "live-working" (which is highly not recommended), so any of the disposable nitrile gloves will protect your hands from mild chemicals and your battery and other connections from your human oils.

To be honest, I've never bothered with gloves.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/29/2022 at 4:45 PM, Crossy said:

If you are making up your own battery packs I would also invest in some Uni-Seal jointing compound.

A quick rub over with emery on the terminals followed by a smear (you really don't need much) of this stuff will ensure a good and long-lasting contact. Use it on all your high-current joints.

It's definitely not cheap, but one tube will last you a lifetime, shake well before use.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i2156648662-s7185722295.html

image.png.1341601dd57b81b26a8e25638a1fd2d1.png

Use fine sandpaper ( 400)? A quick rub over with emery, can you explain? Cleaning busbars. terminals etc with alcohol?

Pink

400 grit abrasive paper of whatever flavour you can get (glasspaper, emery, carborundum or whatever) will shift the oxide layer. Clean the mating faces then assemble, using the gloop or not as you feel.

No point using alcohol unless you have grease on there.

32 minutes ago, Crossy said:

400 grit abrasive paper of whatever flavour you can get (glasspaper, emery, carborundum or whatever) will shift the oxide layer. Clean the mating faces then assemble, using the gloop or not as you feel.

No point using alcohol unless you have grease on there.

Main idea was sanding then cleaning then Uni-Seal jointing compound and then assemble.

Pink

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pink7 said:

Main idea was sanding then cleaning then Uni-Seal jointing compound and then assemble.

Yup.

I don't bother with "cleaning" other than a wipe with a paper towel, we're not really removing much material.

But, it's entirely up2u.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Yup.

I don't bother with "cleaning" other than a wipe with a paper towel, we're not really removing much material.

But, it's entirely up2u.

How you apply the Uni-Seal jointing? Cotton stick?

Pink

• 3 weeks later...