Working online in Thailand

Hi everyone 

I am wondering if a visa exists for online work? I'm a holistic therapist and currently based in the UK where I work from home.

My clients would be based mostly in UK but not limited to the UK due to the digital environment of my work. 

Any helpful advice appreciated..as always! ????

...and get as many non-UK clients as you can. You wont need to pay any UK tax for monies not coming from the UK. Otherwise you need to pay UK tax at the difference between what you would have paid in the UK minus what you pay in Thailand (which would likely be nothing), in which case you'd be liable to pay the full UK tax amount for all UK customers.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is not strictly legal without a work permit which is almost impossible to get. However, if you have no Thai employer or customers, the authorities do not care, and your activities are 100% tolerated. No one is ever hassled for doing this until you are potentially depriving Thai companies of business or Thai citizens of employment.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, save the frogs said:

https://www.travelinglifestyle.net/countries-offering-digital-nomad-visas-and-residency/

This is a list of 51 countries that offer digital nomad visas.

Thailand - coming soon

Most of them require you to be earning atleast 2500-3000 USD per month. I would only be doing adhoc/part time work so probably not earning enough to qualify for one of the Digital Nomad Visas. 

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, jingjingna said:

That's an interesting response and one that had crossed my mind. As I am over 50, I suppose I could just go for a retirement visa. ????

Yes, at 50 or above you would indeed qualify for a 'retirement visa'

• Thumbs Up 1