Re-entry permit - current VISA extension and new VISA extension

hi there
I will renew my VISA extension in Jan, and it will be effective on Feb 1.  I will travel from the last week Jan to the first week Feb.  Currently; I don't have a re-entry permit.

WONDER - (scenario 1) do I need a single re-entry permit to leave the country and return with a new re-entry permit effective Feb 1?  OR, (scenario 2) I just leave the country with no re-entry permit (for the current expiring VISA extension) but come back using a 'fresh' re-entry permit effective Feb 1 ?

your ideas are welcome !

cheers and Happy New Year !

it is a marriage VISA. I used to apply a new multiple re-entry permit when I get the new VISA extension, keep it for that particular year, safe and done.

for some years, I left the country with the expiring VISA extension and come back using the new one, that had no problem with the VISA extension.

since no travel this year I have no re-entry permit with me.  can I leave the country without a re-entry permit (end Jan), and come back using the NEW VISA extension and the new re-entry permit (effective Feb 1) ?  would the re-entry permit need to be "paired in-and-out", or it is really the "re-entry" ?

cheers

• Like 1